Ta 152

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never blown a hydraulic line at -40 have you Soren? This usually happens after the piece of equipment has sat for a while, like over night.

A 5606 hydraulic system can and will operate as low as -60F. If you're operating an aircraft that sat overnight and in -40 temps blow a hydraulic line, that tells me there was air or water entrapment.

Never blown a hydraulic line at -40 have you Soren? This usually happens after the piece of equipment has sat for a while, like over night.

No I haven't, worked just fine once I tried it at -50 C. See FLYBOYJ's explanation.

well we are never going to know fully what the Tank was capable of as it never flew in combat with the P-51 at 30,000 plus ft. although doing well at mid altitude with Soviet fighters is not what was in it's desing/operational role

Apparently though on April 13th 1945, Jupp Keil flying the Ta152H encountered 4 Mustangs near Wittenburg - neither side scored and Keil landed at Neustadt after 40 minutes in the air.

I could not find any further details on this encounter - but not bad for a single Ta152 to survive an encounter with 4 Mustangs.

we will have more on Keil at a later date as we have the copy of his flugbuch but want to share with you guys posted on E E's site

The Ta152 book is now at the printer. We expect to have this title in our warehouse in April 2010. Thank you for your patience on this. Please note; for our international pre-paid customers, there will be an increase in the shipping fees. Monogram originally charged you for 'surface' shipping when discounted pre-paid orders were accepted. Surface shipping is no longer available as an option. We will notify you of the additional shipping fees when we have the books ready to ship. Thank you for your patience with this project."

be patient one and all this is only the teaser before another work that is in progress is attained in time

regardo's, pull up your speedo and smile

Hugh like to chat sometime about your interest in that hot rod.

yes Roman correct, Hitchcock prepared the basis of the work years ago when he wanted to enlarge is small softbound book on a much larger scale so EE took his text and notes schematics, diagrapms and expanded the original work including some very well done profiles.

the thing with my pwn book(s) is that they are very wide open for me to do what I want with....time permitting of course.

E ~

O.K. thank you Erich!
Can´t wait so see this book. Only hope this book really will see the lite of this world in April...as one American from San Antonio is gonna visit us in May...so I could save the postal fees...

Roman hopeful the printer is quick and this is what is dependent on the April month date for the release. yes am very excited too as well, we will include more first person operational accounts on the Tank in our future volume(s)

..................... teaser....................... big files

Attachments

• DSC_3678.JPG
    DSC_3678.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC_3701.JPG
    DSC_3701.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:
Hugh like to chat sometime about your interest in that hot rod.

E ~

Hi Erich - it would be great to have a chat sometime - its an extraordinary aircraft with a very interesting history.

My interest was primarily intended as an engineering study - its design and construction, which invariably evolved into a study of its development and a need to understand the intent of the designers. During my research I often came across details and images on the Internet that did not seem quite right in some cases conflicting with the drawings created in Bremen. So I ended up doing a complete geometry study of the Ta152 - this would prove to be quite challenging as there were some mistakes identified in the Bremen drawings themselves and also with some contemporary material....this of course required verification and therein lay the main challenge.

Ended up creating quite a number of ordinate spreadsheets and detailed drawings for this although I still have the tailplane to finish - got distracted by another interest - the Tiger Moth!!

Last edited:
Erich,

I have read your post regarding the Ta-152 and actualy sent you a PM the other day but I think it failed as my mailbox isn't showing it sent. I'm trying to figure out some things regarding this plane (H-1 especially) and I'm hoping you can help me.
1. Was the tandem-Sonderstoff equipped H-1 supposed to have a MW50 pressure gauge installed between the oil temp and fuel gauges like the Fw190D-9's? I have a Focke-Wulf "8-152H" document that includes the 0-3kg/cm2 Fl. 20504-3 "druckmesser" (as opposed to the 0-1kg/cm2 Fl. 20504-1 in the D's) as well as the Fl. 20554 0.5-2.5ata ladedruckmesser as installed in MW50 equipped D-9's. I'm seeing 20555 0.6-1.8ata gauges in the non-MW50 equipped H-0's, which is consistant with the MW50 injection allowing higher boost levels. Seems to me I've seen charts that seem to indicate the H-1 was cleared for 1.98ata. Anyhow I have the MW50 pump and while I have not tested it I do not think it's capable of 3kg/cm2, but wouldn't any injection pressure gauge also be measuring GM-1 pressure upon employment? They shared the same 2 nozzles and solenoids if I'm reading the plans right, unless MW50 pressure was referenced closer to the pump.
2. What kind of MW50 warning light was installed between the tach and the manifold pressure gauge, a standard red merkleucht or one of those late-war red blackout ones with the twist cap? I read it as "merkleucht mit kappe mit blende, rot". No Fl. number except for the bulb. The blackout ones don't seem to have a Fl. on them that I can find either.
3. What is that container above the oil tank? Dietmar Hermann told me that it is a "Brandhahnarmatur" and due to my horrible grasp of German I understand it has something to do with the fuel shutoff lever above the compressed air gauge but that's about it. Does fuel get diverted into that container while the pumps shut down in case of a fire and the "Not" setting is employed? Why does it have a filter attached? Do you know the part number for the lid of that container? I have one, 8-4545B, that looks VERY similar and only has a connection for fuel to get in (marked "Ablauf") although it does have a standard gas cap as well as an overflow outlet (Entluftung") but no siphon tube or anything.

Any input would be much apprectiated!!
Bob

Attachments

• Druckmesser2.jpg
    Druckmesser2.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back