Ta 152

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
well the upcoming book is getting closer gents

had a great phone conversation with Jerry this morning while the ice was melting outside. Oh man some really cool stuff will appear in the upcoming year from EE.

The Focke-Wulf Ta 152 book

E ~ :D

that would be affirmitive Wayne. . . . some very cool things to look forward to. Lets just say the two of us on the phone really got Jazzed

Marcel I will be a bit mischievous and just say there has been much talk since 1992 about the Ta 152 variants. but lets be more than truthful, this book was written by Mongogram publisher Hitchcock so one needs to go back and read the text from EE on the contents. A fantastic book on a bird not at all known with many myths and literal screw-ups by many authors over the years. Finally a book that deals with the tech details so after by so many. I will put my neck on the line here and just state briefly and of course my opinion that modelers will really benefit from this volume.

so with that we wait. Remember that Jerry has climbed over literally every single part of the Smithsonian Ta 152, Grüne 4.

E ~

I'll wait in anticipation.

Maybe a right place to announce a publication about another very rare bird. A Dutch group will release a standard work (>500 pages) about the Fokker G.1. There are talks about translating it to English if there's a market for it, but the first version will be in Dutch although I'm told that the subtitles to the pictures will be bi-lingual English/Dutch. There'll be many pictures (most never published before) and all the technical data available. I believe it's planned for release spring 2010.

There is an interesting article about the rushed development of the Ta 152 in the current issue of a German aircraft magazine btw.

Suffice to say that there are seem to be some serious errors in public perception of this bird.

Anyways, looking forward to the book.

I for one would be interested as well in the article, can it be scanned in or ?

E ~

Hmm, I don't know much about copyright, I guess I could do it tomorrow at work, but how do the mods feel about it?

Here is a link to the issue, if you click "Online Blättern" you can browse through some pages.
FLUGZEUG CLASSIC - Ausgabe 01/10 - Shop - flugzeugclassic.de ? das Webportal des Magazins FLUGZEUG CLASSIC mit vielen Informationen rund um Luftfahrtgeschichte, Oldtimer und Flugzeug Modellbau mit Typenkunde, wichtigen Terminen, Fernsehsendungen un

It's still just an article, so don't expect too many details. But the author is relying heavily on primary sources and he has also written some equally good (in my opinion actually better) articles about the last Fw 190 Doras (D-11 and D-13) and a very insightful and critical article about the Do 335.

riacrato as I am a mod

all you have to do is list the author and source of the article then no cpyright rulle(s) are broken, just give the credit to the author for the work.

I do not have access to the article or to the Flugzeug magasizne but would be interested in seeing the text, photos and profiles for comment. Personally I am thinking that it is just old news smae old myths but am willing to reserve my comments till after I read the above mentioned work and see the pics, etc.

thank you if you can help

Erich ~

Hi Erich-

Belated appreciation from I for your posting of updates on the upcoming EE Focke-Wulf Ta 152 book. I have several minor questions:

1. Will Dietmar Harmann's Focke-Wulf Ta 152 book be rendered obsolete with the publication of this one? How do you expect Harmann's book to compare with the new EE book?

2. Is the primary author still Thomas Hitchcock? If I recall correctly, Hitchcock has been working on this book for many years. Just for curiosity, do you know why the long duration? Will this be an update of his earlier Monogram Close-up or wil this be a complete new book?

Thanks,
PG

# 1 No it should be just in addition though Dietmars covers ops and even those are not correct but have gaps.

# 2 yes it is Hitch's book all of it but EE have added to his text and have other pics and additionally profiles.
I do own a copy of the softbound work done years ago and needs to be revised, this is a slightly new concept for EE allowing full coverage of anothers complete work not really calling it their own but having full rights to add and continue the work later on. Please excuse the vagueness in my report as much more will come later on. As to why Hitch waited so long, that is a personal matter as far as I am concerned. Am looking quite foward to this work which will open the door to some other tasty things for the future.......

E ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back