Ta-183 Schems? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
Might be impossible but does anyone have drawings of the Focke-Wulf Ta-183 Huckebein? I found several schematics of the Go-229 but not the Huckebein.

-Arlo

From Luft46.com:

Attachments

• ta183bp1.jpg
    ta183bp1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 425
  • ta183bp2.jpg
    ta183bp2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 437
Great find CR!

Btw, Arlo, did you know the Ta 183 was the basis of the MiG-15 design? The FW development team had her completely planned out, but despite working round the clock were unable to produce a prototype in time (production was set to begin early 1945 as a replacement for the Me 262 and He 162).The Soviets were the benefactors of the work...

Great find CR!

Btw, Arlo, did you know the Ta 183 was the basis of the MiG-15 design? The FW development team had her completely planned out, but despite working round the clock were unable to produce a prototype in time (production was set to begin early 1945 as a replacement for the Me 262 and He 162).The Soviets were the benefactors of the work...

The Soviets made a lot of changes to the design.

"The Soviets did seize plans and prototypes for the Ta-183, but the majority of Focke-Wulf engineers were captured by Western armies; therefore, it could be argued that the MiG-15 design team drew some limited inspiration from the Ta-183, but there is insufficient evidence to suggest it was heavily influenced by the Ta-183. Currently, most sources acknowledge that the MiG-15 is an original design benefiting from German research, but conceived, designed, engineered, and produced by the Soviets."

Yep, they did make alot of changes, no doubt about that. The designs hardly resemble one another, though the concept is the same.

Usual story here I think - different books, different info... I don't whose are more correct, but mine all suggest that despite extensive testing of the He 162 design, it proved unsatisfactory to the soviets, and it was the Ta 183 that heavily influenced the MiG-15 concept...

Yes Evan, I have heard of the MiG-15 basis before.Thanks CR, but are there any larger scans of the aircraft? Making a profile requires quite a large resolution (Thanks to all those little details needed).

Though I could combine several stuff from the MiG-15 and make a Huckebein...

-Arlo

The Ta.183 Huckebein, of the great Kurt Tank, is undoubtedly inspired much more than just the Russian MiG-15; To the list can be added quietly, the Swedish Saab J-29, the Tunnan, the U.S. North American F-86 Sabre, the Argentine Ae. 33 Pulqui II and French Dassault Ouragan ..... Many would say not or is it just coincidence........But !! ......The Huckebein single-engine configuration clean configuration, with air intake in the nose, swept wing, bubble cockpit, tricycle landing gear, etc, was a truly World First! with a unique and revolutionary combination in 1944-45.

Saludos
MC72

Fw_Ta_183_Huckebein.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back