Ta152H questions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The airspeed referenced was taken from a German document provide by a knowledgeable source of Fw aircraft and is possibly a copy of an Fw document. It does not call out aircraft number so it may be an engineering estimate. It certainly reflects GM1 used at 11.5 km alt. and probably does include MW50, although I don't read German. It provides no data on climb.

Would you please make the doc available for download (if it's in an electronic form), or point to it?

Well, I looked. For some reason I cannot "search" worth a darn. The member I got this from, Soren, has been banned and chart I remembered as being posted, has been deleted. I am sure others have the chart and may share. I am just a bit queasy about doing it.

I am seeing alot of perceptions here, reports recently found says otherwise about MW 50 as an example, and it has already been displayed on what the MW 50 could achieve in test results before the full compliment of 35 Tanks in III./JG 301

you all will have to wait as things will be revealed about the A/C and pilots and operations. as we do not know about the handling nor opponent opposition in flight combat experience with the P-51D and K it is best to leave this be.

Eric, do you have a copy of the FW airspeed comparison chart I have been referencing?

Dave, they were probably from one of Hermann's books on the Dora or 152.

Mr Erich
Who is the pilot that did not tell the truth?

Could you report the books that you have written about Luftwaffe and who publish them? Must be very interesting as you appear to have acces directly to survivors of the period.

Agreed.

The poster in question is what I refer to as a member of the tinfoil hat brigade.

There's no way to reliably know how many allied a/c were shot down by advanced FW's. The TA was allegedly a fine a/c but there's some evidence of reliability problems.

Agreed.

The poster in question is what I refer to as a member of the tinfoil hat brigade.
There's no way to reliably know how many allied a/c were shot down by advanced FW's. The TA was allegedly a fine a/c but there's some evidence of reliability problems.
I hope you're not referring to Erich - as a newbe I suggest you read the thread for newcomers and understand we do not tolerate anyone insulting moderators. This will be you one and only warning.

Well, I looked. For some reason I cannot "search" worth a darn. The member I got this from, Soren, has been banned and chart I remembered as being posted, has been deleted. I am sure others have the chart and may share. I am just a bit queasy about doing it.

Thanks anyway :)

The Ta-152 is indeed formidable but I don't think it had the overall performance to come anywhere near the threat as the Me-262 did to the bombers.
I agree with this. No fighter aircraft operational during the spring of 1945 can touch the Me-262 as an interceptor. That includes the Meteor F3.

just to give you a figure: 35 TA 152H's were given to III./JG 301 at January 1945's end from this I am still not certain how many stayed in III. gruppe and in the Stab./JG 301.

remember the design role for the Tank was suppose to be able to perform ideally at the heights of the P-51D/K and not actually engage US bomber formations

just to give you a figure: 35 TA 152H's were given to III./JG 301 at January 1945's end from this I am still not certain how many stayed in III. gruppe and in the Stab./JG 301.

On Jan 27 1945 pilots of III./JG301 traveled to Cottbus and picked up 11 Ta152H-0s. On Jan 16 1945 American fighters attacked Neuhausen and destroyed 14 Ta152s on the ground. There was ~12 Ta152s assigned to Rechlin. In addition, 2 more Ta152Hs were sent to Sorau for conversion to Ta152Cs. That accounts for approximately 4/5 of the Ta152Hs built.

III./JG301 never got close to the authorized number of 35 Ta152H a/c.

I read somewhere, possibly on this forum that 2 ta152's were shot down by spitfires whilst being delivered?
does that jog any memories?

On Jan 27 1945 pilots of III./JG301 traveled to Cottbus and picked up 11 Ta152H-0s. On Jan 16 1945 American fighters attacked Neuhausen and destroyed 14 Ta152s on the ground. There was ~12 Ta152s assigned to Rechlin. In addition, 2 more Ta152Hs were sent to Sorau for conversion to Ta152Cs. That accounts for approximately 4/5 of the Ta152Hs built.

III./JG301 never got close to the authorized number of 35 Ta152H a/c.

The 4th FG claimed a bunch of Fw 190s destroyed at Neuhausen. Obviously they looked like 190/190Ds

Milosh yes you are correct, I was not specific enough to clarify; the pilots were actually quite upset either to have the Fw 190A-8 for bomber control or the Ta 152H to engage P-51's so a small mix of Ta's in the III. gruppe during 45. As you said the Ta's never came in full numbers even when asked over and over again, even for spare parts.

have not hear personally that any Ta's were shot down by any Allied A/c. we do have documentation about accidents while in the testing phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back