Tamiya-1/350-IJN Heavy Crusier Chikuma-Finished (1 Viewer)

Nice work so far Kevin!
 
Real Nice Kevin...you should try 1/700 man....I have Chikuma's sister Tone on the go to finish...tiny details....:shock:
There's a few guys over at model ship world that do that scale my eyes while still pretty good that's worst than working 1/72 PE.I started the rigging the other night it's moving along well begs the question finish the Eugen or start the 1/200 Scharnhorst?:rolleyes:
 
I am now working the the lines for the SS probably 15/20 more out front it's hard to get a sag?Maybe I need to go to stretched sprue?Some pics............
default_wink.png
 

Attachments

  • chikuma 001.JPG
    chikuma 001.JPG
    409.3 KB · Views: 107
  • chikuma 002.JPG
    chikuma 002.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 102
  • chikuma 003.JPG
    chikuma 003.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 111
Magnificent. I was saving "magnificent" for a GB post but that ship is magnificent.
 
So,this is were I am at the rigging is completed I tried quite a few times to get a sagging line that is not hard getting two next to each other do the same thing.I finally in the end went a taut line though one or two are to taut that area out front of the SS was a little of a PIA till I just backed off an maybe try Mike's idea about some sprue for curved line on Mogami.I knocked off some planes that need to be reattached and the decals for the stern with some touchups in paint.I have done better rigging but they were on smaller ships but it seems the Graf Spee came out quite Nice.I will post one last set of pics later.
default_wink.png
 

Attachments

  • chikuma 002.JPG
    chikuma 002.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 112
  • chikuma 003.JPG
    chikuma 003.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 114
  • chikuma 004.JPG
    chikuma 004.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 100
  • chikuma 006.JPG
    chikuma 006.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 106
  • chikuma 007.JPG
    chikuma 007.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 101
:thumbright:
 
That's why I don't do 1/700 to small
 
I am getting really close here on this one being completed the men are the PE started realizing I can been them?Duh!The flag is paper from a spares box the colors look more natural and easy to fold.That's all for now.
default_wink.png
 

Attachments

  • chikuma 001.JPG
    chikuma 001.JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 107
  • chikuma 002.JPG
    chikuma 002.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 100
  • chikuma 003.JPG
    chikuma 003.JPG
    450.6 KB · Views: 101
  • chikuma 004.JPG
    chikuma 004.JPG
    443.9 KB · Views: 99
Good work so far Kevin!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back