TAMIYA 1:48 F4F-4/FM-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:hello2: Did a bit more minor painting, nothing worth showing. However...while taking the above photo, I decided to take photos of the innards for the next GB(I'll be in camp when it starts) and made a minor discover while editing the shots; I can rotate them. Its always bothered me when the shot is slightly askew when taking detail shots and I'm too lazy to reshoot. Its not out by much but it really bugs me when I see it

IMG_0000c.jpg

Not quite. I didn't realize until I put the cowl on. On the real aircraft in the photo the cowl looks to be a replacement as the upper camo doesn't follow the fuselage camo, this is the oddball part that I found interesting. I erred with the front of the fuselage camo. I'm not in a rush, I can move the white on the fuselage to the correct spot in a little while

Link to photo to save time TAMIYA 1:48 F4F-4/FM-1

Last edited:
Just takes time Andy...

ezgif-5-81726fe41741.gif

As is per usual, I have to psyche my self up to airbrush. This game me lots of time to ponder how to move the white to the correct location. In the end I decided to tackle this as I had tackled the rear spine. Mask still need to be added to the cowl as this demarcation needs to be raised as well.

IMG_0003.JPG

It's looking topps, one to keep in mind for PTO group build continuing my Marine Davidson from Wake Island.

Keep at it Geo, she's turning into a looker. I think we all know how discouraging remasking/painting can be but you will prevail! Looking forward to more of this build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back