TAMIYA 1:48 Kawanishi N1K1-Ja Shiden Type11 (George)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm using this stuff now but it doesn't like the Tamiya panel washes (the feeling is mutual sometimes.....) Otherwise very happy with it.

5738167848__65721.1579301218.jpg

Thanks all. Innards are done. I found a set of Eduard pre-painted seat belts so I broke down and added them. The cockpit is added from below after the fuselage has been joined together

....and then he went running downstairs after he noticed the gun sight was slightly cock-eyed.........................................
Maybe it's a windage adjustment.........just sayin'......

Decals are done, a right pain in the keester they was. I just plain gave up. Believe it or not, the wing Hinomarus actually lifted partially lifted out of the panel lines even after being slathered with Walther Sovaset. There were pools of it sitting on the decals and no ill affect.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Gonna let this set up and then weather. Doing the sticky-outty bits at the moment

I'm using this stuff now but it doesn't like the Tamiya panel washes (the feeling is mutual sometimes.....) Otherwise very happy with it.

View attachment 619455
I was discussing the experimentation of gloss coating to protect the paint from panel line applications in my Spitfire build. I thought that Pledge would do well in protecting the underlying paint from the panel line application. As I mentiond it does it too well, the panel line fluid wants to pool up. But the Pledge was almost bullet proof. While at the HS last Friday, when picking up my Valejo metals, I picked up a jar of Valejo gloss and matt clears. After letting a 'brushed-on' coat dry a few hours (on top of Taymia) I could rub almost forever with lighter fluid, wiping off the panel line, but not going through the Valejo. So, Pledge will be relagate to canopies only again!

Yeah Geo I paid about 10 bucks at my LHS for that bottle a couple of years ago and it lasts forever. I like it better than Future and was using it before I tried the Tamiya washes. That's when I found out that they don't seem to like each other. Wiping the wash away leaves some nasty stains in the gloss and so I think it actually dissolves it.

Interesting Andy. I may get a bottle; not every model needs weathering. Anyhoo....most of the weathering done.....not 100% accurate, maybe 75.⅗%. Should be able to have it done Friday.

IMG_0001.JPG

1618374505392.png

IMG_0002.JPG

1618374550858.png

PHOTOS FROM "KAWANISHI N1K1/N1K2-J" by KRISTIAN KOSESKI

Thanks guys. I cut back on some of the weathering on the left side and a bit under the canopy on the right. Just ran panel liner on the vertical surfaces and when dry I'll do the fuselage. I plum forgot that when I added the aluminum it needed to be clear coated as well. PG tomorrow and then flat coat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back