TAMIYA 1:48 Kawanishi N1K1-Ja Shiden Type11 (George)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Snout and legs press fit for the photo shoot. Minor gaps along the wing root and personally, I think they look smaller than the existing panel lines around them. A bigger minor gap at the rear left of the wing/fuselage join. I filled this with a bit of one of those plastic wallet calendars. This may have been operator error but everything else lines up

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Since the photos were taken, I've added the gun pods. A bit of sanding was required and it was hard to figure out where to sand as these pods were contoured in three different directions. Next up is some minor filling and clear parts masking. I should be ready to paint tomorrow; all I've found of my chosen subject is the tail section. Here's something to ponder as I did while posting this. My normal GBs take three months minimum to get to this stage....I started this on the 2nd, five days ago......odd

Thanks guys. Sprayed Vallejo Model Air White and then Gold Yellow. I googled it and it no longer seems to be around. Note....several times I have shortened myself with colours that need to be masked off and then have to respray. Not today. I'll let this set up for 24hrs and then shoot the camo

IMG_0001.JPG

Thanks guys. While editing I noticed seam lines on the leading edges that I never saw while I was spraying. I went back down and stripped the paint off the leading edges and even then I had to twist and turn the model around to find them. I re-shot the paint this morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back