Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Vb

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Jeff and nice call on the decals. I built this kit quite a while ago and the decals were brutally thick.

Geo

Yeah, that's a point. Watch it when you try to apply them over the bumps near the ailerons. Here's what happened to me:

120911 Roundel.jpg

I'd suggest that you not try to make the decal sit over the bump, even with the decal solvents. Either cut a slit in the decal over the bump and paint after or cut the bump off and replace after the decal is applied.

Andy, does any paint manufacturer make a roundel blue and red? I know it's a crap shoot to have both decal and paint makers get the hue exact but it would be nice to have a close enough color.

Geo

Yep, seems every once in awhile the gremlin that lives in my computer plays games with me.

Cheers,

Jeff

I find this happens to me when the forum goes on one of those slowdowns(as it's doing now). I almost got caught yesterday, clicked post, nothing happened, and as I was about to post again, the screen refreshed and my first post popped up.

Geo

I find this happens to me when the forum goes on one of those slowdowns(as it's doing now). I almost got caught yesterday, clicked post, nothing happened, and as I was about to post again, the screen refreshed and my first post popped up.

Geo

As Charlie Brown said to Lucy " THAT'S IT ". Happens to me on accasion and I sometimes get caught.

Cheers,

Jeff

I also suffered with my Spit decals. :| :rolleyes:

On the other hand there must be a plague of Gremlins on PCs here in Mexico too. :hiding:

Very good progress Jeff, I'm tuned to the following...:shock:

Managed to get the prop painted and decals applied to same. That's it for today.

A trip to the Hobby Shop to obtain paint is in my future although not tomorrow as Church picnic is a must attend event as per Mother Superior. It seems I have become the church photographer for these types of events.

Cheers,

Jeff

Wings are on, a few bits attached to the bottom and an azure blue sprayed on to the undersurfaces.
Blue is a mix of white, medium blue and purple.

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

Things should progress at a steady but reasonable pace and I am looking forward to seeing how she will look when done.

Cheers,

Jeff

This morning provided me an opportunity time wise to take the next step in production. The midstone colour was applied and will now be allowed to dry before I mask off for the application of the dark earth.

Prop is complete and has been dry fitted to show what it looks like.

Sorry for the indoor photos with flash but the weather here right now is crap.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back