Tamiya 1/72 Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan

Discussion in 'Model Kit Reviews' started by copcheck, Jul 22, 2011.

1. copcheck

copcheck Member

Stopped off at the hobby shop on the way home from work to pick up paint for my Bf-109G and saw this kit on sale for $4.99 and it caught my eye.

After reading the history of the plane it looks like it sole purpose was for a planned attack on the Panama Canal. I plan on reading up more on it, but the kit looks like it's well put together and I'm looking forward to building it. Will be my first Japanese kit.

Looks like 2 paint schemes, orange for testing and green for production. I am not sure which route I'll take yet.

Attached Files:

2. Coors9

Coors9 Member

Machinist
    Cool, watched a show on that planned mission on history channel. Gonna be a nice build.

3. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

The float plane version M6A1 Seiran was for the Panama Canal attack, to be launched from the I-400 class submarines. the K was a land based training version.

4. BombTaxi

BombTaxi Active Member

It's Tamiya so you can be fairly sure it will go together well. I've never built any of thier 1/72 stuff, but I've done 1/48 planes and am currently doing 1/35 armour and everything is very well moulded, fits well, and 90% of joints are 'positive location', i.e they're moulded so they will only fit the 'right way' - so no chance of anything going on backwards, upside down or on the wrong side. Very useful if you're like me and don't go in too much for reading instructions :lol:The sprues are also very well laid out and very easy to work with. Should build quickly and very enjoyably 8)

5. vikingBerserker

vikingBerserker Well-Known Member

Korporate Kontrolleur