Tamiya Bf109E-4/7 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi VB. *waves from the neighbour country* ;)

You'll find the kit a pleasure to work with, it's simple, detailed, and easy to work with.
I did one just like it for the BoB Group Build as my first model kit since I was a teenager, and if I can do an okay model, then I'd bet that yours'll be great. ;) It'll be cool to follow your progress.

Cheers,

Maria.

Yes, I read through your build-thread and I liked your model a lot, just goes to say you don't need an airbrush to make a pretty decent model.

Not much progress to report, I have spent a few days on the net looking for information. I have put together the seatbelts, and man are those bits fiddly, but then again kudos to Eduard for making them so easy, well, relatively easy to assemble. I've also drilled the seat where the belt will pass through.
pict1313s.jpg

Cockpit done. Nothing fancy and nothing near the things I've seen on this board. I'm not 100 per cent happy with it, but it'll do.

The paint is my own mix of 1 part Tamiya XF-22, 1 part XF-49, 2 parts XF-1 and one part X-22 to make it semi-gloss, it turned out great, I think. I have had some bad experiences with washing in that the underlying paint/clear stains and so now I tried to mix 50 per cent black and 50 percent burnt umber artists oils with Zippo fuel instead of turpentine, and it worked pretty good. I have to try this out a bit more, it has potential. Then I did the usual dry-brushing which I never seem to master, it always seems to clot and mess things up. I used Humbrol 147 (light grey) to dry-brush.

The images turned out a little pale, I have to fix my auto-filter script in Photo Shop.

pict1317y.jpg

pict1320n.jpg

pict1319.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back