Tamiya Spitfire 1/32 - Ioannis ''Agorastos'' Plagis

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful!!!!!

I'm sitting on two of these MK VIII kits, can only hope I can go somewhere near achieveing such fantastic results!

Thanks guys, next is Tamiya 1/48 Mustang III, Vasilios Vassiliades aircraft, a Greek ace who flew with RAF also.

John

Just stunning!

What a fantastic job you have done and how clearly a labour of love. Thanks for the great references and photos.

I have a Mk IX and a Mk VIII to build and this will be first port of call when I actually open the box. (although considering the sort of job I could do compared to this, I think I may just sell them :( )

Here you go John. The first pic you will have seen before, when John was commanding 126 Sqn in 1944. The second pic shows him (on the left) as a Flight Lieutenant, when a flight commander with 185 Sqn. The other flight commander (on the right) is Fl.Lt. Ron West, who was killed in a flying accident in 1943, with 131 Sqn.
(Both pics from 'Aces High', by Christopher Shores and Clive Williams.

Attachments

• Can Jan 482.jpg
    Can Jan 482.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Can Jan 483.jpg
    Can Jan 483.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
I'm sitting here (Thursday night before having a Friday off....slack I know) and have just gone right back through the thread. I have to say, I am utterly in awe of the job you have done.

Best

Darryl

You're welcome John. I have the full 'write up' and claims list for him, in the book, if you'd like a copy? If so, PM me an e-mail address and I'll scan and send it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back