Tensions Rising - N. Korea fires on Yeonpyeong

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, and I like this comment of thiers:
"...We oppose any party to take any military acts in our exclusive economic zone without permission, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement."

Exclusive Economic Zone?

Interesting...

I heard that a lttle while ago Chris on the radio and Matt thats the thing that invivsible wall that NK pushing against.Mr Bolton is suppose to be on the Hannity show next hour about NK I haven't heard from him as of yet.The US is going to send the ships and I would not doubt if SK refortifies those islands.They weaken thier presence back in the early 90's to appease the NK then the stunt that occurred the other day.Yea!NK is trying to get some concessions and they got them from the UN I posted that in the other thread as well as new pac between Russia and China.Mineral rights boys and girls mineral rights it occurred in the 20's 30's in appears to be showing it's hand again.

Oh, and I like this comment of thiers:
"...We oppose any party to take any military acts in our exclusive economic zone without permission, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement."

Exclusive Economic Zone?

Interesting...

You have to consider that China is now where the USA was in 1989-1920s. This is simply their version of the Monroe Doctrine. Just like the US back then, they know full well that their claimed sphere of influence has no basis in law and will offend some of those whose interests fall within it. And again like the US back then, they don't care because they are by far the biggest dog in that yard. It is a deliberate challenge to the previous generation of superpowers to show that they still have some clout. Kim's antics have merely provided a convenient pretext for testing the water...

...and China is on the rise. And I don't see anything EXTERNAL stopping them as long as they continue to spread their wealth to their outlying areas. It's a brave new world and the communists are gonna lead. Be afraid.

The popular opinion in South Korea is demanding a more robust response and the S Korean govt is also investigating a more susstantive reply.

Its the little things which give signals that worry me. All N Korean construction worker in Russia have left at once and are headng back to NK. These tended to be the best workers that NK had and the sudden return of these men is a cause for concern.

Its the little things which give signals that worry me. All N Korean construction worker in Russia have left at once and are headng back to NK. These tended to be the best workers that NK had and the sudden return of these men is a cause for concern.
Hadn`t heard that , makes one wonder as you would think NK would be looking for the hard currencies these workers would supply
There was an article in the paper here about what response Canada would have to make as they are one of the 16 countries committed to make contributions in case of war. The 16 countries are those that participated in the Korean War

Last edited:
Hadn`t heard that , makes one wonder as you would think NK would be looking for the hard currencies these workers would supply
There was an article in the paper here about what response Canada would have to make as they are one of the 16 countries committed to make contributions in case of war. The 16 countries are those that participated in the Korean War

I don't think the UK has anything left to commit after our adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan. And I'm not sure public opinion here could support yet another war.

BEIJING – North Korea has deployed surface-to-air missiles near the Yellow Sea border, the Yonhap News Agency reports.

"(The missiles) appear to be targeting our fighter jets that fly near the Northern Limit Line," a South Korean source told the news agency.

The source who spoke on condition of anonymity says North Korea is preparing to fire the Soviet-made missiles.

"The military is preparing for the possibility of further provocations as the North Korean military has deployed firepower near the NLL and is preparing to fire," the source said.

This latest development comes as a U.S. supercarrier and South Korean destroyer took up position in the tense sea on Sunday for joint military exercises that were a united show of force just days after a deadly North Korean artillery attack.

Report: North Korea Deploys Missiles Near Yellow Sea Border - FoxNews.com

And the story comes out of BEIJING so it would seem that NK is telling the US stay out of the No-Fly-Zone?Russian missiles and Chinese brokers :)

It certainly is getting interesting.

I wish China would make more of a statement. See where they stand this time around.

Was there a base in there somewhere?1/2 down the page you see a suburb and no base unless it's to the back.Maybe NK had some bad cordinates or they were looking for the greatest impact;I would go impact.

NK is also accusing Sk of intentionally placing military installations within populated areas on that island under the pretext of the civilians being "human sheilds"...

Two things come to mind here...one, don't attack them with artillery, use "smart weapons" instead (oh wait, "smart weapons"?...this is NK, my bad) to minimize collateral damage and second, stop being dumbasses and not attack them in the first place (but that's just me thinking, again my bad)...

Buncha idiots...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back