The airplanes we desire.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
hey fellas. I thought I'd start a thread for us telling the real life airplanes we want in 3 categories fantasy, realistic fantasy, and realistic.

Realistic: meaning a plane that we realistically could own. for example. GA or light sport planes
Fantasy Realistic: meaning a plane that could be a little out there, but still a realistic obtainability
Fantasy: a plane that is way out there and you'd never get unless you won the lottery. the sky's the limit (pun intended )

mine would be:
Realistic: Piper Cherokee/Warrior/Archer
Fantasy Realistic: DeHavilland Beaver
Fantasy: Lockheed Constellation (Specifically Pima Air and Space Museum's C-69 Constellation. the only one in the world)

Realistic: Piper anything (except Tomahawk) or any number of open cockpit bi-planes
Fantasy Realistic: Douglas Dauntless
Fantasy: S-3 Viking or OV-10 Bronco

De-Lux Fantasy: Northrop XB-35 Flying Wing

Last edited:
Piper Cub or Cherokee probably. Perhaps a Stampe SV4, and a P-51D, with second seat and luggage bays were the guns and ammo would be. Why a Mustang rather than a Spitfire? Simple, even with a second seat, it would still look the same externally ...

Realistic: Piper Cub with Alaskan adventure wheels and STOL kit
Fantasy realistic: Cessna 172 with Honeywell Epic avionics
Fantasy: Martin PBM Mariner [Bahamas here I come]

I can't afford any plane, but if I could pick two.... Hmmmmmmm

1. F4U Corsair. No brainer for me to pick this one. Best plane produced EVER!!!!
2. Fw-190. The Butcher Bird just looks like it wants to kick your butt.

Realistic: Noorduyn Norseman
Fantasy realistic: Grumman Goose.
Fantasy: PBY-5A Catalina or, Lockheed Super Constellation or, Boeing 377 Stratocruiser....

I figured, that if I'm that rich that I can afford and fly these, I'm in no rush and people can bloody wait for me!

Right, where do you want to go next guys?

PS. Is there room for JV44's Fw 190D-9 'Red 13'?

I could not afford any aircraft - unless you count scale models?
But given a free shot.
Gloster Gladiator.
F4U Corsair.
Spitfire - any Mk.

Can see for my inner eye, or whatyacallit, people tooling with Cessna's, Piper's and whatever and I roll out my spanking new JV44 Fw 190D-9 'Red 13', of course with a proper engine, no Merlin etc....for a wee flight after work on a sunny Friday afternoon, life would have been good!

Btw, times like this, how do you do with the cross on the tail, are you allowed it, does it make a difference if it's an historical and restored airframe or a newly built one?

Users who are viewing this thread