THE AVRO CF-105 ARROW - WAS IT REALLY THAT GOOD?!?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm really not on any side,so to speak. What I mean about the 35 is that by the time all of the bugs are worked out,I think it's stealth capabilities will have been figured out by the so called bad guys.
Lockheed sees great progress on F-35 fighter | Reuters
F-35 JSF Testers Report Progress, Problems
Lockheed Martin
This report that Flyboy posted is great new indeed. Has Lockheed really ever produced a dud?

>prem895 ... "working the bugs out" is exactly what military hardware is all about. In Canada ... the media and the uninformed armchair "jocks" make a virtue of dithering over the perfect selection when they should be embracing the reality ... the only thing I question about the F-35 is that it has a single engine. Everything else will evolve as the reality rolls out.

This is an exercise in "dithering":

Canada kicks tires on other military aircraft - Winnipeg Free Press

MM

>prem895 ... "working the bugs out" is exactly what military hardware is all about. In Canada ... the media and the uninformed armchair "jocks" make a virtue of dithering over the perfect selection when they should be embracing the reality ... the only thing I question about the F-35 is that it has a single engine. Everything else will evolve as the reality rolls out.

This is an exercise in "dithering":

Canada kicks tires on other military aircraft - Winnipeg Free Press

MM

I saw this the other day - this might be an attempt to make LM nervous or maybe to get the price lowered or in the bigger picture, have more Canadian companies involved in the production.

I agree with FB. To pretend that they need to have a questionnaire filled in to find out what the alternatives can do is more than just silly. I would be more concerned if they were starting to discuss things like offset deals.

Well,what the hell,spread the wealth. We do put stuff together quite well. And yes we want a better deal on these birds,but the problem is we can't just go down the street to the next dealership. We should buy these

Attachments

• bf109g4.jpg
    bf109g4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 88
Funny, all your arguments for the F36 could have been applied to the Arrow just as easily.
Lord Beaverbrook was told by some manufacturer or other that his company could supply him with "the best fighter aircraft in the world" in a year. Beaverbrook said, "I'll settle for second best tomorrow!"

Funny, all your arguments for the F36 could have been applied to the Arrow just as easily.
Lord Beaverbrook was told by some manufacturer or other that his company could supply him with "the best fighter aircraft in the world" in a year. Beaverbrook said, "I'll settle for second best tomorrow!"

The only difference is the Arrow may of had a 20 year operational career. The F-35 IMO will be around a lot longer providing the bugs are worked out of it (mainly on the "B" model).

It'll have to last a lot longer. With the cost of developing new state-of-the-art fighters getting so ridiculous, it may well be the last one anyone will be able to afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back