The bare metal finish adventure.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He took up modeling to help regain his fine motor skills following an accident that originally left him paralyzed from the neck down. He has come a long way but still has a ways to go. He is one of the fortunate ones that was able to, albeit slowly, regain motor function following a serious spinal injury. You will notice that his thumb and forefinger work well but the rest of his fingers not so much. Kind of makes my shake seem insignificant in comparison.

I only found out when he made a comment in one of his earlier videos, that led me to dig a bit. He hosts a FB group called The Scale Modelers Critique Group, which in turn has generated a counter group of disaffected former members called The Scale Modelers Asylum Group or some such. His group has an introductory video explaining the purpose and operating rules of his group, which is basically a warning that if you are thin skinned it is probably not a group for you. It actually is a good group and dispenses some good advice but by participating you are explicitly asking for constructive and detailed advice and critique of your work. Not for everyone. He takes his own medicine as they say and I have not encountered anything mean spirited anywhere in his stuff but as we Americans say he calls a spade a spade.

I've been a non-posting member at SMCG since it's inception as I was following Matt's (Doogs) blog at the time. There is definitely some good info there but there is also a lot of group-instigated internet drama which I have no need of in my life.

This kind of sums up some of the stuff. I am mostly a lurker but have posted a few times there.

PostNuts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back