The Battle of Romania

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Romania really suffered for little benefit. Too bad.

Thats not the half of it. The supposed "benefit" to Rumania of captured Soviet territory (Moldova) also came at the cost of the NW part of Rumania (Transylvania) amputated by their so-called ally and given to Hungary

Those where terrible times...my country and others payed the price...and no offense Trautloft I know that Hungary was as eager as us to exit the war but if your country was so determined to involve so little why did it take Transylvania?I'm not pointing fingers...it won't matter anyway now...and don't consider Antonescu a war criminal...he was in fact the one who saved our country during those times...but like I said...it doesn't matter now...

i agree,and im thankful for your opinions,guys.you are all well informed,and also objective.we discuss here ww2,its war machines,its commanders,and we appreciate the great planes,plans,persons and despise the crimes committed on both sides. my post been some kind of cry for help, usually ppl dont have a clue about the real facts,they just say something dumb. education isnt well prepared-anywhere- to face the extremely complex story of ww2 (thats why WE are here, to learn,to change our thoughts,thats why we are fascinated about it). just an example..most people,of foreign countries dont know anything about Hungary's and Horthy's role..if im talking german on public game servers with my friend,im called nazi and so on. thats just sad. thanks again Udet and Civ:)

Thats because there are lots of ignorant people on the web Trautloft... :|

konigstiger,because transylvania always belonged to hungary,and because of the almost 2million hungarians living there.we must not discuss about trianon treaty now,but the ethnical isolations weren't fair. pure hungarian territories been split like most of transylvania, ,currently south slovakia, and the north of former yugoslavia.i wrote about it before,above. if u ask this,what about 1920,after romanian troops occupied almost half of hungary,taking even Budapest and placing their capitol there for a very short time? on the other side,the romanian occupation ended the communist terror or Kun
Béla. anyway,its past, but you know very well the negative propaganda about hungarians before,under and after ceausescu. they werent allowed to practice their own language,culture,education, even as millions lived there.just like in slovakia. i hope it changed with EU. once again,i either point with fingers,and dont blame you.the difference between antonescu and horthy been, that antonescu was a nazi,and the Iron Guard is nothing better as the SS. he was the first eager allie to attack stalin (i know that before that,stalin gave Royal Romania a few hours to purge eastern moldavia,they took it back ,but later they carried on at attacks).antonescu didnt save your country in my opinion but King Mikael did as he set him under arrest and did the royal coup

..of course we did get Transilvania back from the Hungarians...

I`d certainly argue about the 'back' part, hmm, how can someone get something back that was never his..? The ethnical composition of the region is far more complicated than just, and ironically, IMHO it was best settled in the 1940s treaties, a pretty fair overall solution, which however satisfied either sides... Anyway, this is not the thread to discuss such IMHO.

PS : Re Hungarian 'jumping out' attemps. The picture you are having in your avatar is depicting a Köngistiger was made in October 1944, the tank belonging to the sPz Abt. 503 in the Royal Palace in Budapest. The picture was taken in front of the old barracks (now the Museum and Archive of Military History) in the Castle District. The Germans knew about the (second, the first one was in March 1944) 'jump out' attempt via thereintelligenc and the heavy tanks, deployed on the scene a day earlier by railway, rolled up to the castle and after some small scale fighting suppressed the attempt and placed the local minor Nazi party in charge of the state.

Thanks for the info about my avatar :) as for the Transylvania matter I don't want to argue with you because it won't matter anyway...after all we all are here to discus WW2 not to argue like fools about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back