The Boneyard

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice shots of the boneyard. It's a good scope when you look at the big rig driving on the road next to the planes. I can't believe there are still F-4's in storage, and to verify what I see, those are B-52's, F-14's, Stallion Helicopters, F-15's, and was there a vast amount of A-7's??? Strange seeing all those planes there. Any one have photo's of boneyards with world war two aircraft? I would really like some of those.

I remember seeing a photo (may've been at a museum) of literally hundreds of Spitfires -about to get scrapped!
Breaks your heart to see all those beautiful aircraft about to be shredded up into pieces!

Sorry simon would have replied earlier didn't realise there was a reply!

It was actually Channel 7 I later realised.

Jeff Watson was the presenter he also did the special on the QANTAS 707 they flew back from the UK to Longreach.

No luck on Youtube. Try you local video store, probably may have it.

This is what Mojave looked like when I worked there - since then there's a lot less aircraft.

mojave.jpg

I went by there a couple of years ago and didn't see any 727's at all. They're starting to get some of the late-model Boeing's now (737-300's -400's, 757's 767's); I even saw an old SP by the hanger.

Google earth have some shots of the boneyard I think?

I know Aeroplane is running a series on cool aircraft locations using Google earth.

Just checked out the Google satellite maps site, and I was surprised at how many C-5's they have there already; I counted 11 C-5A's, and a bunch of the short-bodied C-141's. I also counted ten B-1B's, and a ton of (I'm assuming) high-hour A-10 airframes. A bunch of the old B-52D/G's are already cut-up for scrap; I have no idea how old the photo is, I'm guessing about 5 years old (most of the Google satellite photos I've seen are about that old).

Hey Stitch, could you possibly give the Lat/Long coordinates for that?

Haven't been able to find it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back