The Boneyard

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its sad knowing what was scrapped

B-52's are still in active service-it is amazing though when you look at them like that

What kills me is knowing that RNZAF Corsairs were still be melted down in the late 60's and early 70's because the smelters didn't want to pay a large tax to the GOVT ,So they avoided it by melting down a few each year ....

...Why wasn't I born earlier?????????

While you are looking at the Davis Monthan AFB "Boneyard" you might want to pan down to 32 deg 08' 20.64" N 110deg 52' 05.12" W. That will bring you to the Pima Air Museum, probably the best outdoor collection you'll see on Google Earth

The SALT II treaty required the United States to destroy many of its B-52 bombers. The dismantled aircraft were left dismantled for weeks; this allowed the Soviet Union to confirm the disarmament process via satellite.

I SAW A FEW PICTURES OF A B-25 BONE YARD BUT IT WAS FROM THE 50S DOSE ANY ONE KNOW IF THE ARE STILL THERE

To answer your question yes, there are brand new aircraft kept there. I just retired from a F-16 unit in the Air Force and we were slotted to get brand new aircraft when I retired in December and they were being kept at the boneyard because the country that was supposed to buy them re-negged on the agreement and the boneyard is where they were storing them. The only flight on the airframe was the one to the boneyard so thats as new as they can get

To answer your question yes, there are brand new aircraft kept there. I just retired from a F-16 unit in the Air Force and we were slotted to get brand new aircraft when I retired in December and they were being kept at the boneyard because the country that was supposed to buy them re-negged on the agreement and the boneyard is where they were storing them. The only flight on the airframe was the one to the boneyard so thats as new as they can get

And these were B-25?

I only spent 26 years in the Air Force but I think they retired B-25's before I got there in 82. So I'm guessing I was talking about Vipers

Do you think we are still selling B-25's to other countries? Are you a flight instructor on Sopwith Camels?
Read his first post pinhead!

I SAW A FEW PICTURES OF A B-25 BONE YARD BUT IT WAS FROM THE 50S DOSE ANY ONE KNOW IF THE ARE STILL THERE

I hope you got your high school diploma before you retired!!!!!

I did read a post from the first page dumbass. Saying are there new planes out there too dumbass! Just a tip playing Playstation two flight simulators dosnt make you a pilot.

I did read a post from the first page dumbass. Saying are there new planes out there too dumbass! Just a tip playing Playstation two flight simulators dosnt make you a pilot.
Evidently you are too stupid to be on this forum so I'm giving you an avatar and sending you on your merry way PINHEAD. Evidently breathing hydrazine made you retarded.

Just a tip; typing a few words on your computer doesn't mean you have a brain.

BTW I don't own a Playstation.

:lol: Oh man, I was hoping that would go on for a while. I just love these nuggets!
It's one thing to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person - it gets even worse when they shoot themselves in the foot on the first shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back