"The case for the P-47 Thunderbolt being the greatest fighter of the Second World War "

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm rather fond of the Kingfisher.

My father had a yacht named Halcyon. After the bird, though, not the plane. It was a good boat. And beautiful and fascinating bird. I don't have an opinion on the aircraft though, but just based on the name it must be good.

(Yes this is off topic, but hey, this trainwreck of a thread is already scraping the bottom of the barrel, so..)

Being a retired railroader, I love train wrecks.
You is weird. But seen one very recently in my village.
Must say i felt quite sad.
A plane wreck yes i understand, 10.000 ft up, but a train...?? No.
Strange no? Few carts left the track into a field because of crashing into a maintenance vehicle.
Could have been so very very much worse only one dead. Poor fellow.
I am walking my dogs along the line. I was early as they still were busy getting sorted. They even had not closed the route wich is my daily walk.
No.. trains must not crash. Something very wrong about that.

I do not think you ment it as such.

But as said, i walked by when there was still busy getting shit done. It did made a permanente impression.

"War Weary" or not, those Spitfires had to be a blast compared to flying the OS2U.
AFAK a plane being war weary was not a problem for the pilot, they still worked almost as good as new in the air, the problems were for the ground crew keeping them in the air, worn threads and fastennrs and ever increasing servicing tasks etc.

Users who are viewing this thread