The Flat Earth society

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

simple matter of speed differentials. Both travel eastward, i.e. Counter-clockwise seen from the N, Pole. Moon at 3400 kph and the Earth (at the equator) 1670 kph. Thus the faster moon and its shadow travel eastward at 3400 - 1670 = 1730 kph roughly Mach 1.5
Smaller shadow is also a simple matter of a large diffuse light source at a large distance. Rays of sunlight are parallel by the time they reach the earth and when they hit a blocking object they "wrap-around" it (diffraction). Not by much because of the short wavelength of light but you can see this yourself if you look closely at your own shadow, The edge is not sharp it's a bit fuzzy due to the diffraction of the sun's light. The dark UMBRA is surrounded by a graduated shadow or PENUMBRA and the further you are from the wall the smaller your shadow becomes.
Very little mystery here

I haven't read this entire thread but it amazes me the absolute stupidity of some people. We can see the G.D. earth from space.....not even from space but we can see the curvature from the upper atmosphere. Unbelievable! It really is.

Just like that woman with a viral video on FB that says there is no such thing as fossils, but they are just rock formations.

in a way, she is correct, fossils are rock formations, though I doubt she was meaning quite that when she said what she did.

Fossils are formed in a number of different ways, but most are formed when a plant or animal dies in a watery environment and is buried in mud and silt. Soft tissues quickly decompose leaving the hard bones or shells behind. Over time sediment builds over the top and hardens into rock. As the encased bones decay, minerals seep in replacing the organic material cell by cell in a process called "petrification." Alternatively the bones may completely decay leaving a cast of the organism. The void left behind may then fill with minerals making a stone replica of the organism. either way, the fossil is a rock, and the material is not in any way organic.

No she absolutely means it and she means that dinosaurs didn't exist. She and her group think that the formation of "dinosaur bones" is just random rock formations. She is part of a group that wants all mention of dinosaurs taken out of schools as they never existed on earth.

Annales_Veteris_Testamenti_page_1.jpg

James Ussher (1581-1656), Archbishop of Armagh, Primate of All Ireland, and Vice-Chancellor of Trinity College in Dublin was highly regarded in his day as a churchman and as a scholar. Of his many works, his treatise on chronology has proved the most durable. Based on an intricate correlation of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean histories and Holy writ, it was incorporated into an authorized version of the Bible printed in 1701, and thus came to be regarded with almost as much unquestioning reverence as the Bible itself. Having established the first day of creation as Sunday 23 October 4004 BC, by the arguments set forth in the passage below, Ussher calculated the dates of other biblical events, concluding, for example, that Adam and Eve were driven from Paradise on Monday 10 November 4004 BC, and that the ark touched down on Mt Ararat on 5 May 2348 BC `on a Wednesday'.

AND, for those of you who are Stooled to the Rogue, October 23 is AVOGADRO DAY!!! How about that

Last edited:
I'm sure the earth is flat. I just wrote a story for my kids called 'achterstevorenland' (topsy-turvy land) that is located on the backside of the earth. If it has a backside, it must be flat, not? And as I wrote it, it's now there, black on white, so it must be true.

I am extremely happy that numerous idiotic groups and individuals truly believe that the Earth is flat, because it confirms that I am sane !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back