The forum’s tele-meeting members

If the Germans play, we call it "diveball". :lol:

just kidding. For the new boys: Adler and I always talk trash to each other when mentioning football. It's all in good fun. :p

The Dutch and Germans usually get along very well, apart from that little incident in 1940-1945 that is. We're a bit like their little brother I guess. And Leonidas, I can speak German too, although I haven't done that for some time now, so I might be a bit rusty.

Das stimmt!

Prost mein Freund!
56EE1406-23E8-4FC6-8803-8B7826CCB524.jpeg
 
Only just now saw this thread and would like to join in tomorrow. Just kind of confused about the time. Sounds like it would be 11:00am central time in the U.S. Does that check?
Invitation sent. Please check the time, it's 18:00h Amsterdam time (my time), so 17:00h London time. I hope I have the other times correct for you guys, but please check.
 
Nice, seems to be the biggest group we've had sofar.!

I speak English, German and Afrikaans fluently, some Dutch, and a load of bull. I think, between us, we can communicate well enough!
I think I will be able to understand most of Afrikaans as well. But let's keep it to English ;)
 
Okay so we'll do the chat coming saturday 3rd of april at 17:00h GMT, that is 18:00h European time, 20:30h Iranian time, 12:00 US Eastcoast time and 9:00h US westcoast time (sorry guys!)
Is this okay with you guys?

@ARTESH would an hour later be okay with you, too?

The program we use is Zoom, although I have no idea if the restriction on meeting time is still lifted or that we'll have to stop after an hour. Make sure you have the software on your computer or smartphone!

The following members will attend afaik:
- Capt. Vick Capt. Vick
- @rochie
- @FLYBOYJ
- Jeff Hunt Jeff Hunt
- Leonidas Leonidas
- @XBe02Drvr
- Marcel Marcel
- @ARTESH
- Mainly28s Mainly28s
- @SaparotRob
- @Crimea_River
- @CCL2341

I've got all email adresses except for Jeff Hunt Jeff Hunt , can you send me your email adres by PM?

Any more takers? You can still join if you tell me before the start of the meeting on saturday.
Oh also, I don't know how long you are planning this meeting to be, but you (the host) needs a Zoom Pro account to have it be longer that 40 minutes.
 
Oh also, I don't know how long you are planning this meeting to be, but you (the host) needs a Zoom Pro account to have it be longer that 40 minutes.
Yeah, that's a problem. I don't. Last year it was still unlimited. We just figured as @rochie said that we could just open another one after 40 minutes.
 
Yeah, that's a problem. I don't. Last year it was still unlimited. We just figured as @rochie said that we could just open another one after 40 minutes.
Oh I suppose that would work. Annoying but doable. And I did not know that it used to be unlimited. Was looking at zoom, and the prices are expensive as hell. (Which I suppose is why it says that it's for businesses and stuff)
 
Yeah, that's a problem. I don't. Last year it was still unlimited. We just figured as @rochie said that we could just open another one after 40 minutes.
I did one a few weeks ago with some friends from a former hotel we worked in.
when the time was up the girl that ran the zoom call just invited us straight back in.
 
How did she do the invite Karl? Another email?

I think we should try Jitsi meet next time as Njaco suggested. It's open source and free I believe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back