The forum’s tele-meeting members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I use Zoom quite a lot, and I've found that it pays to have one person managing the discussion.
I invited long time member and-still-moderator @Njaco
Yeah, we discussed that with earlier meetings as well. I think we'll do the introductions indeed as there are quite a few new participants. Always good to know who is who. After that, we'll see. Maybe we'll appoint a chairman, but usually that's not really necessary.
Robert's Rules?? Members wanting to speak raise their hand onscreen, and mod recognizes them in turn and gives them the floor. Mod stops comments when they stop being relevant. ?? Are we getting too big for our own britches?

I wish I could attend gents. I will try my hardest next time.
Robert's Rules?? Members wanting to speak raise their hand onscreen, and mod recognizes them in turn and gives them the floor. Mod stops comments when they stop being relevant. ?? Are we getting too big for our own britches?
being admin, am I highest in rank?

I'll just ban the whole bunch :lol:

Btw, my 12 year old son wants to join for a few minutes, if you guys don't mind. I think he wants to test his English on you.
What is your native language? It says you are from Dordrecht which I think is German, which means I can test my German on him. (If it is in fact German)

What is your native language? It says you are from Dordrecht which I think is German, which means I can test my German on him. (If it is in fact German)
Isn't Dutch sometimes referred to as "low German"? My uptight Prussian German professor had nothing but contempt for the Netherlands, the languge, and the Dutch people. He was so vociferous and over the top about it, he turned our whole class into defenders of the Dutch. Had some interesting "conversations" in class.

Isn't Dutch sometimes referred to as "low German"? My uptight Prussian German professor had nothing but contempt for the Netherlands, the languge, and the Dutch people. He was so vociferous and over the top about it, he turned our whole class into defenders of the Dutch. Had some interesting "conversations" in class.
that's because we speak the real Germanic language and the Germans are just an inferior imitation of us :lol: ( ducks to avoid incoming attack from DerAdlerIsGelanded)

No, We are Dutch. So we speak Nederlands.

So do I, after a few ( or more ! ) beers with you, Hans and Sander !

On a more serious note, what gear and PC "attachments" would I need to be able to join in, and is there an "idiot's guide" on how to set things up ?
I won't be able to get things sorted in time for this "meeting", but it would be good to join the group at some future date - which doesn't need to use the Covid thing as an excuse, we can do it anyway !

So do I, after a few ( or more ! ) beers with you, Hans and Sander !

On a more serious note, what gear and PC "attachments" would I need to be able to join in, and is there an "idiot's guide" on how to set things up ?
I won't be able to get things sorted in time for this "meeting", but it would be good to join the group at some future date - which doesn't need to use the Covid thing as an excuse, we can do it anyway !
Buy a cheap webcam. They are usually not that expensive, I can buy one here for around 10 euros. I think they usually have a microphone as well. If not, a headset with buildin microphone could come in handy.

You guys play football?
If the Germans play, we call it "diveball". :lol:

just kidding. For the new boys: Adler and I always talk trash to each other when mentioning football.a bit of a tradition It's all in good fun. :p

The Dutch and Germans usually get along very well, apart from that little incident in 1940-1945 that is. We're a bit like their little brother I guess. But if we talk football, the rivalry is big. I think if we had to choose between winning the World Championship or beating the Germans, we probably would choose the latter :lol:
And Leonidas, I can speak German too, although I haven't done that for some time now, so I might be a bit rusty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back