The German (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Watch until the end. Did you guys know this? I sure didn't

And for our German speaking members, can you tell me what the guy is saying at the end?

Last edited:
Ich bin Offizier der Luftwaffe: I'm an officer of the Luftwaffe.
Ich bin vom Jagdgeschwader 26 "Schlageter": Im from the Jagdgeschwader/Squadron 26 "Schlageter"
Wir sind die gleichen: We are doing the same/ We are both pilots / We are doing equal things / We are the same.

Last edited:
As I understand it:

-Sh!t, my leg!
-Put the pistol away - put the pistol away you sh-thead!
- Put the pistol away!
-Please...put the pistol away, you sh-thead!
-Hey..how far do you want to take this?
-Enough! Enough - please.
-Don't do it.
-Aren't we both the same? The same!
-Please...
-I am Friedrich. Friedrich (Schroh?) from Jagdgesgwader 26 'Schlageter'. My squadron, 26 'Schlageter'
-I am an officer of the Luftwaffe!
(echoes of previous lines in RAF pilot's head)
-Please...please.

Great find mate!

Yeah, he would've been in the shite had the RAF pilot understood German!

(Btw, that was the closest swear-word I could think of for 'Scheiss-kerl' - 'sh-t guy' or 'sh-t type' just dosen't cut it somehow :)

Would a Me109 of the BOB era have the range to be over Ireland ? Or even a dogfight starting over Britain and finishing up over Ireland?
I guess to enjoy this you have to supress your aviation knowledge.

Interesting, but strange. A MkV Spit in 1941 colour scheme, a Bf109E in 1940 colours, purportedly of JG26 who, by 1941, had re-equipped, over an 'Ireland' which looked more like Kent or Sussex, and a dogfight which had stretched from the south coast of England, across the Irish Sea, to Eire! Add to this the Bf109 departing from the Pas de Calais and then mix in the behaviour of the RAF pilot ...... words fail!!

there is a true story about a brit pilot who had to force land in ireland and was interred. they were allowed to go into town on occasion... so one day he jumped a train back to his base. if memory serves me correctly, the british government...not wanting to compromise ireland's neutral status SENT HIM BACK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back