The Great Air Race 1934

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
England to Australia..

Sunny

Attachments

• great_airace.wmv
    48.8 MB · Views: 137
Okay that was fantastic and VERY informative. Is there any engineering relationship between the DH 88 Coment and the Me-262? There has got to be, right? Chriminee it looks like the Germans weren't as insightful as I once thought with respect to the Swallow. Beautiful airplane.

Attachments

• g-acss5.jpg
    g-acss5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 174
I've seen the comet so many times before, and I never realized the absolutely gorgeous lines she has. Truly ahead of her time. So, between the French, Russian and British designs, which came first?

So, between the French, Russian and British designs, which came first?

The British. From A.J. Jackson's 'British Civil Aircraft' series...(I found the 'patriotic' aspect of the design interesting)...

Then I'm stumped. All I can find on the Russian and French aircraft is that they both flew in 1935.

The Grigorovich E-2 (DG-55) was dubbed the 'Girls plane' (as well as Kometa -for obvious reasons) because the MAI group, where Grigorovich was a professor, had eight female student engineers.

Don't forget the Uiver, a DC2 which became second, beaten only because of bad weather. It shows that the DC family was truly remarkable. It could keep up with a dedicated racing plane.

Attachments

• P9010012.JPG
    P9010012.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back