The Greatest Attack Aircraft of All Time...

The Greatest Attack Aircraft of All Time...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Take it from an old Scooter driver, it's the A-4 Skyhawk by a wide margin...
(Unless you are talking active inventory.):usa2:

You sure about that Hussars. The A-10 is a lot slower than that A-4.

Granted the A-10 is probably more maneuverable.

I think the A-10 is the best attack but and A-10 would not be any harder to shoot down with a SAM than any other conventional aircraft.

While it doesn't have "the gun" the old A-1 could haul massive amounts of ordnance low and slow.

The Skyraider is frickin awesome. I remember standing there in the museum at P'cola ogling over one for like 45 mins. My wife didn't get it... they never do...

A placard said that the left turning tendencies were so severe that during full power T/O roll rull right rudder was not enough to offset, so the engine was mounted off center.

The Skyraider was deffinatly a nice aircraft.

As for the wifes never understanding, I feel lucky. My wife goes with me to museums and loves to see the old planes and everything.

The Skyraider was deffinatly a nice aircraft.

As for the wifes never understanding, I feel lucky. My wife goes with me to museums and loves to see the old planes and everything.

Yeah... my wife thinks their "neat," but her interest kinda stops there. I'm hoping that she becomes more interested in aviation after I get all those FAA licenses and can take her up and show her "real flying," not commercial flight which is all she's experienced.

The sensor fused weapon will give US aircraft (A-10 included) an antiarmor capability that any other nation's attack craft could only dream about...

The air corp used the Fouga magister in the ground attack role , a nice little aircraft.Obviously not in the same league as the A-10 or Harrier.We use the PC-9 now mostly as an advanced trainer.We can only look on in envy at other air forces equitment.

So what you are saying Evanguilder is that the A-10 is like a modern B-17 Flying Fortress? It can take a massive amount of damage and still keep on flying...

I think the A-10. becasue the A-10 is very tough, manuverable, heavy armerment, armor for the pilot, serprated back up systems in differant routes in the airframe. it may be slow but it can take a hell of alot more then an A-4 if it was hit

So what you are saying Evanguilder is that the A-10 is like a modern B-17 Flying Fortress? It can take a massive amount of damage and still keep on flying...

The A-10 can take massive amounts of damage and still get her pilot home. There were A-10s in the first Gulf War that had great big sections of both wings gone and she still flew without a problem. She is a flying tank.

I think most of you recall this little event...one of my tech reps in Baghdad was able
to snap a dozen shots of this A-10. I recal the pilot was female...?

Attachments

• A10BIA.JPG
    A10BIA.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back