Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erich Hartmann

• Constantine Cantacuzine

• Richard Bong

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGuire may have been an asshole, but he was an extremely skilled (or lucky) asshole who put his neck on the line like everyone else! My hat's off to him, too!

No disagreement here. Personally, I would have liked the chance to fly with him. The men of the 475th all agreed that he was a most effective pilot and combat leader. It was only when they had landed that the serious problems arose . . .

Yeah it is always that way, I have flown with people on missions where in the cockpit they are just fine and everything is good but as soon as the mission is over and we are all at the local pub having a few beers they become such arrogant assholes that you just want to push them in front of a car.

True, the best and the worst for others! I know what you mean about counting on them when the fit hits the shan, but not with your wallet. Funny, but true. How many guys have you lent money to, knowing you'd never get it back?

Yeah just one but he was there when it really mattered. But then later he stole my TV and got sent some place else so I never got it back. Funny huh.

well none of the pilots now afer I set my mind to doing more study over the last week. German RK mit Swords winner Anton "Toni" Hackl from JG 11 fame. Last Kommodore of the unit scoring some 17 kills in the Ost during 1945 and the defence of Berlin. an incredible pilot flying many sorts of German single engine a/c including the Dora with JG 26 in the laste fall winter of 44/45 then to JG 300 breifly and then back to JG 11.

He has one of the most interesting looking Fw 190A-8's in JG 11 during the Reichsvertidigung in the spring of 44 with white tail, victory markings and his personal emblem on the side of the fuselage. In fact all of the Stab I./JG 11 are interesting . shot down 8 times during the war, over 1000 missions

E

My favorite as I have stated before always has been Erich Hartmann but I think the ones that I enjoy reading the most about are Heinz Baer, Marseille, Nowotny and Galland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back