Hmmmm... I was hoping my rather smallish hands might benefit from a reduced circumference. I like the idea of a more aggressive grip as I have sweaty paws, but a reduction in circumference is my first priority with my 92FS. Dang it. I saw a Youtube video of the golfball version and it sure looked like the grip panels were much thinner. I think I need to pull my Beretta out of the safe and give 'er a look for a better comparison.
Still haven't found a reason yet to change my first choice from my Glocks. I have a Gen 1 G17 9mm that I put skateboard tape on the front, back and side panels. Believe you me, that baby is anchored from shot to shot. Not good though for concealment, as the skateboard tape will eat up clothing immediately. She's my house gun. My 2nd Gen G22 .40cal is stock and a bit slick. I used to use Hogue rubber finger grooves, but removed them. They tend to move during extended firing and I was irritated to have to adjust them every so often (50-100shots and adjustment only took about 2sec, but still irritated me). I like the Gen 4 grips, but know some who do not claiming they are too aggressive.
My infatuation for the day is the new 1.28in width G30S .45ACP, 10rd single stack, short grip frame. Me likey.