Hey Mike!! Great to see ya' back, buddy!
The ol' homestead was kind of quiet without you around!
I went by the gunshop today to have another look at the Springfield .45 SA pistol and the guys there (known them for quite a while) suggested a .45 that would be closer to my liking (since I am a die-hard Colt fan).
It's the Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP
There's a few versions, starting with the 1911A1 GI, which is a dedicated copy of the issued Colt. However, I was eyeballing the next step up, which is identical, except a shorter hammer and an extended beavertail (that's handy for preventing loss of skin if the slide grabs that fleshy part between the thumb and forefinger).
Anyway, long story short, I bought the dang thing on the spot for $550.00 out the door and I'll be picking it up on the 21st. At that point in time, I'll be forthcoming with pics and more details.
It's gonna be like freakin' Christmas around here!