I have an MP5 and it is an very sweet gun and very accurate at short distances.
The M14 was standard issue in early Vietnam. I trained with one at Fort Ord but as a Medic the old cannon was heavy so we were not required to carry one, just an old 1911 for "protection"!
AKs were all over Vietnam and I/we shot plenty of them. An excellent weapon, bury it in mud/sand/dirt shake it a bit and it fires every time. Every once in a while soak a rope in old motor oil and run it through the barrel and your good to go. At times on infil-missions we wore the black "pajamas" and carried AKs (at 6'4" i fooled no one and looked plain silly). The distinctive sound meant that you could not carry one in a group setting.
The 9mm Uzi was my best weapon. Very soon I dropped the 1911 and "bought" an Uzi from an old Sarg going back to the world.
One of our team always wanted a Schmeisser. Somehow our weapons sergeant acquired one. We all got to "play" with it. The same 9mm Parabellum rounds as my Uzi which were easy to obtain
View attachment 514120