The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's the finest Mauser action I've ever handled. I expect you'll love yours.
This is my second I just passed to my Son my first one in the first five probably of my collection last Christmas as a gift.That VZ-24 was matching down to the stock pre-war smooth bolt he hits targets out to 300yds with iron sites he says the AR boys are amazed.He is stationed at Hollerman AFB in NM.

Brought home a new to me carry pistol. US made by Ranger for Interarms, not sure of the date, probably early 90's. The IWB holster is by Azula. I've come to like their products - inexpensive and high quality.

Now to find some time for the range...

IMG_20221207_144014790.jpg

IMG_20221207_143936150.jpg

I finally found a good serial number list - it's from Jan/Feb 1985. Being that old, I'll order a new recoil spring for it as well as getting some walnut grip panels that will look a bit better than the hard rubber Pachmayrs on it.

I finally found a good serial number list - it's from Jan/Feb 1985. Being that old, I'll order a new recoil spring for it as well as getting some walnut grip panels that will look a bit better than the hard rubber Pachmayrs on it.

Those look a lot more like the soft rubber Pachmayrs.
Mine came with hard plastic grip panels from the factory. The gun is amazingly accurate with the proper ammunition. The first set of reloads I made up for it was shooting under 1.5 inches at 25 yards. The Hansen (PPU) ammunition that those cases came from would not hold a 1 foot group though.
At one point, I used mine for a concealed carry gun.

- Ivan.

My gun is stainless and when it was new, the bottom edge of the slide was quite sharp. It would slice up the web of my hand when it recoiled. I eventually took a fine file and took the edge off the corner of the slide and it was no longer a problem.

do you own knives / blades?

I've posted some pics of my little (!) Friends, awhile back ... I'll post more soon!

Quite a few depending on the category.
Plenty of folding knives. Enough that I have lost count.
A couple fixed blade knives.
A few bayonets to go with various rifles that I own. A couple are spikes (No.4 Lee Enfield) so perhaps they don't really count.
A pretty nice GI Machete.
Three Katana if the broken one is not counted.

Thank you for correction, dear Frog.
Thought you may like this, photo of "Mad Jack" Churchill leading his men ashore carrying his sword at the Combined Arms Training Establishment Inveraray, Scotland in October 1941. Inveraray is very near to where I live. Seemingly "Mad Jack" was the last person to kill an enemy soldier with a longbow during D-Day. Somewhere I have a photo of him with sword in one hand and revolver in the other.

Attachments

• Mad Jack Churchill Inveraray October 191.JPG
    Mad Jack Churchill Inveraray October 191.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 19
Thought you may like this, photo of "Mad Jack" Churchill leading his men ashore carrying his sword at the Combined Arms Training Establishment Inveraray, Scotland in October 1941. Inveraray is very near to where I live. Seemingly "Mad Jack" was the last person to kill an enemy soldier with a longbow during D-Day. Somewhere I have a photo of him with sword in one hand and revolver in the other.

He never served in Normandy, but in Sicily, Italy and Yugoslavia where he was wounded, captured, and later illegally deported to Orianenburg, from where he escaped, was recaptured and re-escaped again.
The anecdote when he killed a German with a longbow was in France on may 27, 1940.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back