The Most Awesome Looking WWII Aircraft Ever

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To me it has always been the Bf 109G. Absolutely beautiful aircraft. Looks like a war bird meant to kill, but still beautiful in its own way. I prefer the Bf 109G and Bf 109K variants the most, but I love all of them.

Attachments

• m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 329
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 308
To me it has always been the Bf 109G. Absolutely beautiful aircraft. Looks like a war bird meant to kill, but still beautiful in its own way. I prefer the Bf 109G and Bf 109K variants the most, but I love all of them.
Great photos, and is it me, or is the floor of that Museum done up in a WWI German Lozenge camo pattern?

There are many planes that strike that "awesomeability" gong like a pent-up Himilayan Monk...

However, when I first saw this plane back in my youth, it blew me away.... The lines and grace of the long snout, the MASSIVE turbocharger intake, as well as the insanely futuristic set of wings and cannon armament are the pure definition of fierce elegance...

I love this frickin plane: The Ta152H...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 307
Yep she is a beaut, Les. I personally prefer the 190A-8, but am not going to argue that there is an unmatched gracefulness to the 152. Like a bird of prey.

For sheer beauty.......McDonnell XP-67.

Attachments

• 800px-McDonnell_XP-67_front_view_061024-F-1234P-032.jpg
    800px-McDonnell_XP-67_front_view_061024-F-1234P-032.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 305
  • 5427L-3.jpg
    5427L-3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
I don't think it is a beauty at all. I think it looks like a bug that splattered on my windscreen.

Oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would go P-38 Lightning at least in the Pacific theatre, it was a great fighter, fighter-bomber. It looked mean, had good range in Pacific and could hit hard when it got to its targets. I had heard there were some in the European Theatre of Operations although it mainly seems like they served in the Pacific as I have only seen about two photos of them suggesting they weren't that widely used...

two of my favourite planes

Vought Corsair
corsair-side.jpg

Supermarine Spitfire
supermarine-spitfire-1-large.jpg

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back