The Most Awesome Looking WWII Aircraft Ever

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This may be no surprise but my vote goes to the P-47m with that dark blue and grey camo scheme.....couldnt find a decent pic but heres one i found on Little Friends.

Attachments

• lm-c2.jpg
    lm-c2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 324
The B-24! It oozes awesomeness IMHO with its slender wing, flying-boat-like fuselage and the futuristic looking oval vertical stabilizers! I never get tired watching it from any angle.
Forget the Fortress (typical boring beauty) and the Lancaster (now THAT is ugly incarnate, looks like a flying hunchback ).
B_24_Liberator-856621.jpeg

B-24_Kopfstand.jpg

That 'Dragon and his tail' has to be the best nose/fuse art! That bottom one doesn't look very attractive; I also have suspicions about its airworthiness...

Any landing you can walk away from... That looks like a classic nosewheel problem. The Liberators were pretty well know for fragile nose gear. I know a guy that was an instructor for them during WWII and he said landing a Liberator on a grass strip wasn't a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back