The Most Awesome Looking WWII Aircraft Ever

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There were quite a few beautiful aircraft during the War....ME-262, sleek and sexy. Ho-229, to me, looks like its just begging to fly. The P-38, of course, and the P-61, both ready to chew something up. The Spitfire (any model), as someone else stated, looks like its in motion even when sitting still.

Pure space age. Even today, the Arado's lines don't look dated.

Arado_234B_1%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
I have always like the xp75 it just need the Napier Sabre V11 with a two stage supercharger with a pair of turbo superchargers.

Attachments

• fisher-xp75-eagle.jpg
    fisher-xp75-eagle.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 325
2cykox.jpg

the reggiane re.2005, which also coincidentally(or not :p ) happens to be my favorite wwii aircraft
the odd thing is that its been said that the 2005 is one of the most beautiful aircraft of wwii. when i look around forums and other polls, it isnt even in the running. i guess im one of the few who thinks its even worthy of such a title.

Last edited:
Very early He 111c passenger carrying variant without the guns and rubbish attached to it, and the graceful elliptical wings, before it became hideous and nicknamed 'the Spade'. Also de Havilland Hornet. 8)

2cykox.jpg

the reggiane re.2005, which also coincidentally(or not :p ) happens to be my favorite wwii aircraft
the odd thing is that its been said that the 2005 is one of the most beautiful aircraft of wwii. when i look around forums and other polls, it isnt even in the running. i guess im one of the few who thinks its even worthy of such a title.

I liked the Re2005 so much that it was one of my earliest laminate plastic builds in 1/285 scale! I also did the Fiat G-55, nice, but not as sexy

Super sexy? He 219 Uhu
Uber Sexy is a late Bf 109 in the Hohen pale gray-blue color. Some of the 1945 cammie is awesome, wild
Later F and Early G Desert Sand and blue like BLACK 6 very sexy too

Late P-47 with wild squadron markings...hot! Sheer size, what beasts!

for unknown beauties, i nominate the rikugun ki-93
72axza.jpg

fp5y7n.jpg

jhef0h.jpg

sidenote: it sports a 57/75mm gun for obliterating b-29s and/or naval ships

Last edited:
Japanese wwii twin engined fighter designs were very well designed. engines usually were the only thing preventing most designs from mass production

For sheer beauty.......McDonnell XP-67.

I agree - truly an awesome looking machine.

My other favourites are the Spitfire (I think the VIII and the XIV are the best), the Mosquito (PR/Bomber variants - the fighter flat windscreen spoils the looks a little IMO), the Fw190A looks tough and pugnacious. I also like the Lavochkin La-7 and the IAR 80 - with its long nose it is crying out for a DB or Jumo inline engine.

I think the spitfire should be un-nominated from the competition of most beautiful WWII aircraft. apparently it doesnt give much of a fair chance to the other competitors ;)

for that matter, whats the general forum consensus on the definition of WWII awesome? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back