The New Metallica Album, Death Magnetic, Free Listen Link...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is certainly not the best album they have written, but it is a a great overall metal record. I really am enjoying it.

The album has reportadly sold 500,000 copies so far since the 12th in the United States alone.

Not to put the mocker on things but St Anger had same initial sales.

I agree the musicianship has leaped and bounded over their last record.

What is frustrating me is the trying to hard 'prog' feel going on. Random time changes and odd meters aren't enjoyable especially when its not done seamlessly. Don't get me wrong theres some good parts to the album which I enjoy, The Unforgiven III for instance. That song is to the point and gets going without any pomp or attention.

It does have a nice case though, Australia has had a limited edition digipak with the grave cut down into the booklet. As far as I'm where that style of 'digipak' hasnt been released anywhere else.

Anyway my opinion of course, so enjoy it and have it loud if you do! :)

It does have a nice case though, Australia has had a limited edition digipak with the grave cut down into the booklet. As far as I'm where that style of 'digipak' hasnt been released anywhere else.

It has been released world wide. I bought the same digipack in Crete on the 12th and you can get it in the US as well. They have it at the German stores as well as at the stores on the US Army instillations here in Germany.

A friend of mine in England said he bought the same thing.

The whole album so far has sold more than 500,000 albums. 5 Metallica songs from the album are even in the TOP 20 from the Norwegian charts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back