The New Metallica Album, Death Magnetic, Free Listen Link...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well yeah its actually been produced properly so it will be massively better.

The song structure themselves are ok, still not as smooth as Metallica once was but hey its more metal than we have seen in the last 12years since Load.

I really like Load for the record but looking at in a different genre all together.

The album is pretty good, but I can't stand the drums. It sounds like Lars is banging on a tin can every half second and the drums don't match the rest of the instruments at all. Saint Anger was really bad about it, this one seems a little better.

Yeah? The snare sounds tuned to me. Theres always a bit of hollow sound, if there wasnt those sort of dynamics we'd be hearing And Justice style production. They recorded the first few albums in a different parts these days they tend to record in a more garage style, suits them well.

Also if its the 'streamed' versions your hearing the quality will vary massively compared to the CD disc.

Nah, I've got the CD version. Maybe it's all done well, it's just not my thing. I like the album overall though.

Don't have the CD yet, but I actually just read a really good review of the album in Time magazine (yes, Time magazine!); the reviewer said it 's the best Metallica album since Master. I'll have to listen to it and judge for myself . . .

As a die hard Metallica fan (been a fan since 1986... Yeah Dan I know you got me beat by 3 years...:lol:), this is the album I have been waiting on for a very long time!

I picked up when I was on vacation the day it came out and instantly fell in love with it. My favs off of the album are:

Broken, Beat Scarred
The Day That Never Comes (This is an epic song!)
All Nightmare Long
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide and Redemption

I fricken love them all!

Now they just need to announce the tour dates for Europe. Lars said in an interview that they will be in Europe from February 2009 to Mid Summer 2009. Can't wait to see them for the 11th time and hopefully the 12th, 13th, and 14th time as well. I already told me wife that when the tour starts I will go to atleast 3 or 4 shows.

Right now the live show they putting on is amazing. Almost as good as the shows in the late 80s and early 90s. When I saw them back in June it really reminded me of the 1st time I saw them back in 1989.

second that alex, I also got death magnetic today, and I'm as big as metallica fan as anybody else, but found it to be pretty ordinary, but then again I have only been listening to it 30-40 mins :lol: There are some good riffs and james sounds good, but I haven't yet found a track that really stands out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back