The off white/grey? The color of this FW 190 a4 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
Can someone please tell me the white/grey color this is and the green? I am working on a 1:72 scale and all the paint recommendations are in Russian.

Thanks
Tom

fw190a3lj_3.jpg

I think the white was applied in the field over the regular RLM 74/75/76 scheme, as it was a measure taken to avoid standing out in winter against the snow of the Rusian front, so technically you'd do the most accurate job by applying the regular RLM 74/75/76 scheme and THEN overspraying it in white to get the effect the real a/c had,,,

Washable White was the colour used, you can also then use a light grey if you wish to tone down the white...but it needs to be a very light careful application to get the desired affect.

In the case of simplifying your subject the RLM 76 lt. Blue/Grey on lower surfaces and to cut down just apply the white without doing the Grey camo, some machines had the grey camo totally covered by the white overspray anyway....

I agree with Wayne. This is the way you can make the kind of camo for the Fw190A-4. Also if you use the pre-shading technique you might be able to make the appearance of a Wurger more interesting and closer to the real one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back