The off white/grey? The color of this FW 190 a4

Discussion in 'Painting Questions, Tutorials and Guidebooks' started by [SC] Arachnicus, Jul 9, 2012.

1. [SC] Arachnicus

Civil Servant
    Can someone please tell me the white/grey color this is and the green? I am working on a 1:72 scale and all the paint recommendations are in Russian.

Thanks
    Tom

fw190a3lj_3.jpg

2. Alte Hase

Alte Hase Member

I think the white was applied in the field over the regular RLM 74/75/76 scheme, as it was a measure taken to avoid standing out in winter against the snow of the Rusian front, so technically you'd do the most accurate job by applying the regular RLM 74/75/76 scheme and THEN overspraying it in white to get the effect the real a/c had,,,

3. [SC] Arachnicus

Civil Servant
    I was hoping of a easier answer like light ghost gray...lol

4. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

Washable White was the colour used, you can also then use a light grey if you wish to tone down the white...but it needs to be a very light careful application to get the desired affect.

In the case of simplifying your subject the RLM 76 lt. Blue/Grey on lower surfaces and to cut down just apply the white without doing the Grey camo, some machines had the grey camo totally covered by the white overspray anyway....

5. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    I agree with Wayne. This is the way you can make the kind of camo for the Fw190A-4. Also if you use the pre-shading technique you might be able to make the appearance of a Wurger more interesting and closer to the real one.