The Pearl Harbor P-40 boys

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I also wonder why Japanese planes would bother expending ammo, fuel and time strafing individual automobiles - surely there were more valuable targets?

I also wonder why Japanese planes would bother expending ammo, fuel and time strafing individual automobiles - surely there were more valuable targets?

Probably the pilot thought anyone driving that fast in a big car, during a attack, was someone important, and he was right.

Last edited:
thought I saw on a previous documentry where they only used the 30s. they would have had to change the guns over for the 50s and was going to take too long so they ran what was in the ac....the 30s only

Last edited:
thought I saw on a previous documentry where they only used the 30s. they would have had to change the guns over for the 50s and was going to take too long so they ran what was in the ac....the 30s only
Not sure where that documentary got thier information, the P-40B had two .50 cal. MGs mounted in the engine cowling and four .30 cal. MGs in the wings (2 per wing)...the auxilliary field only had stores of .30 cal. ammunition so they went with what was available.

Great video, V2, thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back