The Ta 152H-1 or P-51D Mustang of today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Was just thinking fellas. Which would you say is the Ta 152H-1, P-51D, P-47 etc. etc. of today? Is the F-15 todays Mustang or is the F-16?

Now they did name it the Lightning. Is it possible the F-35 is similar to the P-38 Lightning in qualities? (Whatever they may be, they are such differant planes.)

Now they did name it the Lightning. Is it possible the F-35 is similar to the P-38 Lightning in qualities? (Whatever they may be, they are such differant planes.)

Totally different missions - to me the Tempest or F4U are better analogies of F-35 for their multi mission intentions as contrasted with evolving mission for P-38, P-47 and P-51 and F-15 and F-16.

To me the Ta 152 and the F-22 are air superiority fighters and closer to each other in Prime Mission.

P-51 = Air superiority
F-22 = Air superiority

P-47/Typhoon = Multi role fighter
F-35/Typhoon/F-18 = Multi role fighter

Tornado ADV (F3) = Mosquito - twin engined, long range, all-weather, fighter, well armed but poor manoeuvreability!

The Tornado is not good eneogh to be considered the "P-51" or "Ta 152" of today. Sorry, it is a good aircraft but...

Where did I suggest the Tornado was the modern equivalent of a P-51D?
Please re-read my previous post, and you will see that I am equating it to a Mosquito!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back