The TF-X (Turkish Fighter - Experimental)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

UPDATE

-TF-X expected to perform her maiden flight in 2024.
-Landing gears were delivered yesterday by TAAC, they will be installed on the aircraft together with the engines in two weeks.

NEWLY OBTAINED INFO

-The current prototype has over 170.000 drills. Although the majority of the work is currently being done by technicians, in 4-5 years the process will be automated.
-TAI personnel are working on the aircraft 24/7, literally.
-Over 3000 engineers working directly to the program.
-Experienced Turkish engineers working abroad are being utilized as well.
-The fuselage has 4 sections. The mid fuselage was built vertically (like the F-35).

Thanks mate! Best wishes for her and her crew.
Thanks for your good wishes mate! Hopefully she will have an uneventful test calendar ahead of her. Also wishing the very best for her flight crew as you said! (there are many foreigners in the photo so it's difficult to identify them).

16-2.jpg

The TF-X (Turkish Fighter - Experimental) is a proposed all-season air superiority twin-engine fighter developed by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) in collaboration with BAE Systems.
Will BAe will pursue this project with Turkey or even Britain's own Tempest program now that they're dealing with Japan and Italy?

Will BAe will pursue this project with Turkey or even Britain's own Tempest program now that they're dealing with Japan and Italy?

They were very keen on working with TAI from the very beginning. They just started hiring people for the stage 2 of the program.

Thanks for your good wishes mate! Hopefully she will have an uneventful test calendar ahead of her. Also wishing the very best for her flight crew as you said! (there are many foreigners in the photo so it's difficult to identify them).

View attachment 698230
That would be an interesting experience for them, specially that they come from different parts of world...

Managing and it's issues, aside, the security of such groups, is very important! Being said that Turkey is Iran's backyard, and with events going on my country, and things I've seen, and foreigners, have heard, these lunatics can and will do anything to protect / prolong their reign.

I wish best things for every single person.

That would be an interesting experience for them, specially that they come from different parts of world...

Managing and it's issues, aside, the security of such groups, is very important! Being said that Turkey is Iran's backyard, and with events going on my country, and things I've seen, and foreigners, have heard, these lunatics can and will do anything to protect / prolong their reign.

I wish best things for every single person.
They are actually all ITPS graduates posing for a family photo. There is a Turkish test team in there. The rest won't participate on the TF-X program :D Sorry for the confusion.

TF-X's engines have been tested for the first time. According to some sources they're already integrated onto the fuselage.

TF-X GTU-0 is apparently good to go. All systems have been integrated onto the aircraft. Gotta wait for the rollout now.

-TF-X will make her maiden flight in 2023.

-A documentary is being filmed.

-The flight control systems, engines and the hydraulic systems were integrated without issues.

-TF-X's engines were planned to be integrated in 2 days. It took TAI 2 hours to get it done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back