The Theodor Circus

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
I share with you an impressive collection of images of the Allied aircraft captured and tested during World War II and with German markings, the Squadron commanded by Theodor Rosarius. The article includes tons of pictures, some of them extremely rare and also color photos. To view all the photos visit the link below:

Aviação em Floripa: Zirkus Rosarius

Best Regards!

I would say these pics are well-known shots that can be found through the net. Also I doubt the Dewoitine D.520s belonged to the unit. These were used by the Nazi schooles actually.

Yep, only a few of the pics are from Zirkus Rozarius, and the P-40 id definitely a model diorama, with the pic below that being from a movie, the name of which i can't remember, where Spits were used as Luftwaffe fighters !

I seriously doubt that Spitfire formation about 200 pics down. Funny, but they all look like they have a rudder shape like the bubble canopy Spitfire (21?), and the various other marks didn't all have that fin and rudder shape.

Looks like photoshop to me. Perhaps not, but it doesn't pass muster to me.

I have seen the DB-powered Spitfire for years, decades actually, but have never seen a performance summary for it.

Last edited:
I'm sure the Germans had access to the P-40 (Russian, British or U.S.) but never seemed to be terribly interested in it.

What would impress me, though, would be a photo of the FAA Corsair the Germans captured in Norway.

Terry's right about the Spitfire formation being from a movie. Here's another photo and explanation from another site.

Capture.JPG

"TB863 by this time had been issued with the squadron code letters UT-D, and for the 1950 SBAC Farnborough Air Show the squadrons aircraft were repainted to represent yellow-nose Messerschmitt Bf109's, with the iron cross and swastika, but retaining their code letters. This was a re-enactment of the famous wartime precision bombing raid on Amiens prison by Mosquitos of No.487 squadron"

Os Spits eram tão bons, que os alemães tinham vários deles!

Hi Tomo,

You are amazing! Thanks! Mt German isn't really up to snuff, but I have some friends who speak German, so I can get it translated. I never knew this report existed, but figured the Germans would never expend the effort to modify the Spitfire if they weren't going to test it and, likely, document it. What would be the point? The real issue for me is just finding the documents, especially since I don't read German.

Again, thank you.

Terry's right about the Spitfire formation being from a movie. Here's another photo and explanation from another site.

View attachment 344514

"TB863 by this time had been issued with the squadron code letters UT-D, and for the 1950 SBAC Farnborough Air Show the squadrons aircraft were repainted to represent yellow-nose Messerschmitt Bf109's, with the iron cross and swastika, but retaining their code letters. This was a re-enactment of the famous wartime precision bombing raid on Amiens prison by Mosquitos of No.487 squadron"

Os Spits eram tão bons, que os alemães tinham vários deles!
1664271874537.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back