the top scoring aces of ww2 country by country.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

De highest scoring dutch ace was not lt. col. van arkel but Bob van der stok with 6 confirmed kills. and 5 probably.

His stories reads like a child's book. He took part in the fighting in may 1940 when Holland was invaded. In 4 day's he damaged 1 109 and propaly destroyed another. (Number of 109 where destroyed, including the leader, that day but because of the heavy fighting no one know who shot who down) after Holland surrendered he tried to escape to England his 3 attempt was finally successful.

He wanted to return as a spy, but the dutch royal family persuaded him to join the RAF. Because of his combat experience he was immediately signed to N0 91 squadron. There he destroys 2 he111 but because the planes vanished in the ocean he was not credited with those kills, only listed a probably. Later he scored a 109 and a h111. The last plane was severed in 2 when he shot the tail clean off.

After that he transferred to N0 41 squadron saving his sqaudronleaders life by sweeping a 109 off his tail on one off his first flights. His scores climbed bagging a 109 and a fw190. After he destroyed another 190 and probably another He was promoted to flight lieutenant. But than the shit happens he was bounced by a fw 190 in July 14 1942 and was forced to bail over France. His captured called him a rookie because he had only 5/6 kills. he Became a pow in stuflagg III.

Yeah the pow camp form the great escape. he was one of only 3 man who were able to return to England after the great escape. When back in England he secretly took part in some sorties of No 41 sq as second in command behind frank vaught. later signed to another sq he claimed another fw 190 and again 1 probably. in 1944 he became squadron leader of 322 dutch squadron.

in short this is the life of bob van der stok also know as bram van der stok
or Bob vanderstok when he bacame a us citizen 9where he work for NASA :shock: .

All small country's (in ww2) around the world should have big balls to take on the enemy (japs or german) with outdated aircraft an totally outnumbered. Respect...

If you count ALL of the outlying islands, the Phillipines is really not that small.

:{)

:oops: i stand corrected.

what i tried to say was you need big balls when you go out fighting a enemy totally outnumbered every single time because you re air force is to small outdated

Top scoring Czechoslovak ace:
Official: S/Ldr Karel M. Kuttelwascher, DFC&Bar, No. 1 Squadron RAF, Hurricane Mk.IIc - 20 kills
Unofficial: Sgt. Josef František, DFM&Bar, No. 303 (Polish) Squadron RAF, Hurricane Mk.Ia - 28 kills

lesofprimus said:
I find the #'s for Frantisek to be the Officially scored leader in kills for Czech.... Atleast 5 years ago, Kuttelwaschers' name was removed from the top spot, officially...
Hmmm, strange. Where did you read that? I didn't know anytjing like this happened... I'd know if the unclear facts about František's campiagn in France would have been discovered. Otherwise he can't be on top, officialy. Unoficcialy, I believe he had really some 30 victories, he was an amzing pilot... I'll try to find that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back