The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last few of Karl and the Spitfire simulator, showing final approach to London City Airport, return to Manston's runway 10, and a smiling Wg.Cmd. "Splasher" Rochford, alongside the real Mk.XVI, with his certificate proving he didn't crash (much).
Final two pics show the fuselage section of a 1940 veteran Spitfire Mk.Ia, under restoration, and I'll cover this in more detail in the separate thread on the two museums.

Coming next, a small selection of pics from the RAF Manston Museum, next door the the Spitfire and Hurricane Museum.

Thanks Geo, and yes, it was a great experience. Even though I was unable to "fly" the sims due to the stupidly stiff arthritis, I really enjoyed the sessions, especially inside the Lanc.

Thanks chaps.

A few more from the RAF Manston History Museum, with a Buccaneer (rescued from the Fire Training School), Jaguar in "arctic" colours, forward fuselage and fin of a Nimrod, and a "Blue Diamonds" Hunter cockpit.
Finally, a pic of Karl reading a manual entitled "How to fly under bridges without crashing".

I'll post the remaining pics in the separate Museum thread when I get home, as mentioned earlier.

Great shots, thanks mate.

That's probably all for this particular season at the "Tin Tent", although, as previously stated, I'll start a new thread covering the museums after I get home.
I'm currently sorting and cleaning, ready to transfer everything into the "new" caravan over the coming weekend, when Karl will be here to help (aka do all the work !!), then close up for the winter and return home on Monday.
There's a possibility that I may get "out and about" in the coming months, depending on weather and personal mobility, and I'll post any pics of interest if I do. Meanwhile, I hope you have enjoyed this year's "Travels of Tel's Tin Tent".

Last edited:
at least you only moving next door

Users who are viewing this thread