The Watson brothers -- WW2 heroes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe the following story is appropriate at this time for it occurred during Christmas 1944. I beg your indulgence for I think it is so very important to memorialize the service of these special brand of heroes of WW2. Sadly, I have to report that my old friend, Bob Watson, is now dying and I am devoting time to comforting him as best I can. Bob is one of a rapidly dwindling group of WW2 veterans -- there aren't many of us left.

A good friend of mine, Bob Watson (aged 87), who also fought in WW2 himself gave me permission to scan and publish these items pertaining to his brother who fought with the 90th Infantry Division of Patton's Third Army:

jw05.jpg

jw09.jpg

jw11.jpg

jw12.jpg

jw16.jpg

James' brother, Bob Watson, also provided me with a fascinating letter he wrote. As you can see, it didn't scan very well (first page for example) ..........

jw13.jpg

.......... so Bob had it transcribed for clarity ..........

jw07.jpg

jw08.jpg

remarkable men, makes me feel very humble to be considered a Vet in their presence....tell me for me Thank You....it ain't much, but it is all I can do....somehow a "Thank you" isn't enough but yet it says it all too....

Pretty wild - :salute:

BTW - those Western Union telegrams were used up to the Vietnam War to inform families of usually bad news. I remember my parents getting one when my brother went missing in 1968.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back