The Weather Where You Live? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lord have mercy, how the heck do you guys tolerate that sort of cold up there?

Once in a while, it'll get down to 32C (0C) here, and I hate it...perhaps my growing up in hot climates (Orange County) and later living in an area (Redding) where it also gets wicked hot during summer (average temps of 100F - 110F/37C - 43C) has something to do with that? :lol:

When you grow up with cold winters you dress for it and live with it. I spent a year working in Houston Texas and suffered the summer heat there. I learned how to sweat copiously.

I've worked and recreated in areas where there's cold temps...but I am acclimated to desert heat

When it drops below 40F (5C), I get a little testy...but working in 105F (40C) temps doesn't bother me at all!

It's a different kind of cold in the interior of the province I dwell in, a dry cold, little moisture in it. The snow crunches when you step on it. Up to -20°Cish, I just wear a t-shirt and a hooodie for short half hour jaunts outside. The snow crunches when you step on it. When I lived on the coast, just north of Vancouver, anything near 0° sent me running for the Stanfields®(GOOGLE it) from October to April.

Having said that, -25°C/-33 windchill.

Geo

Was expecting some good rain out of this last night..........................only got 2mm but the best lightning show I've seen for a long while, lasted for about 3 hour into the night.

20141201 b.jpg

20141201 c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back