The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many Thanks Geo, It has been a L O N G rocky road most of which I mostly don't remember thanks to all the good drugs. They tell me that I actually died twice (was hoping for the tunnel, light, and waving relatives but Nein). All things considered I rather be in Vietnam

Hey Mike, nice to see you again and welcome back. As for all you snow freaks, 31C (88F) for us today with lovely sunny morning and thundery showers this arvo. :lol: :lol: :D

Before I moved here, from CA, I thought Fosters was an Aussie beer of choice as well..........
NOPE, Aussies do Not drink Fosters. It's good for making gravy, but not drinking......... ACK!
I will have a Guinness now and then, dark Bundaberg rum is my choice!

Guinness or Bundy Rum Liqueur for me - the original, not the banana or salted caramel. Not supposed to drink either but have been known to have a hypo and need the sugar.

Otherwise straight dark rum with no contaminants

Went down to Darwin first time in 82 with our B-52D's out of Guam, the Aussies throw us a party Friday night. We were warned only to not try a keep up with the locals and "Don't mix your labels". I didn't understand but what the hey. I started on Foster white, they ran out, went to blue, they ran out, green came next, long story short I ended on Cattlemen's XXXX.

As mentioned earlier I've been fighting that hangover ever since.

I'm a fan of the B-52. We both started operational service the same year and it will outlast me. One thing I don't understand is how the B-52 got the nickname "Buff". I've never been near one (that's on my bucket list) but its fuselage doesn't look obese to me. None of its proportions seem exaggerated compared with other aircraft. It takes a darn good picture.

Went down to Darwin first time in 82 with our B-52D's out of Guam, the Aussies throw us a party Friday night. We were warned only to not try a keep up with the locals and "Don't mix your labels". I didn't understand but what the hey. I started on Foster white, they ran out, went to blue, they ran out, green came next, long story short I ended on Cattlemen's XXXX.

As mentioned earlier I've been fighting that hangover ever since.
It would have been the XXXX that did it. It's brain numbing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a fan of the B-52. We both started operational service the same year and it will outlast me. One thing I don't understand is how the B-52 got the nickname "Buff". I've never been near one (that's on my bucket list) but its fuselage doesn't look obese to me. None of its proportions seem exaggerated compared with other aircraft. It takes a darn good picture.
Big Ugly Flying F+*#%er

Meeko and I are quite cold at home! 17 degrees projected by AM, got down to 6. 15 degrees below zero north of here Stanley Idaho
PXL_20240112_223108326~2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back