The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just talked to Mom up in Lufkin and there expecting heavy rain, wind and such.
Meanwhile, my friend in Corpus Christi may have a different experience...
Corpus basically got a clean miss. Came in at Palasus and barreling straight for Katy, well my house. It's four in the morning and I'm just awaking to rain. Moving fast supposed to be north of up by about two this afternoon. Last update I saw said it was coming in TS and would strengthen over land. Never heard of a storm strengthening over land but was supposed to gain cat one status by the time it got to my house.

IMG_5364.jpeg

Woke up at 2:30, an hour before landfall. Just light rain in Conroe. 300,000 plus people are without power now. It's 530 and still light rain here. It will reach me between 6 am and 7 am.. This is not the worse case scenario. The news is making it sound like the zombie apocalypse. O, I forgot the wrap my pipes.. The boss is happy I have to work from home today. She is amazing afraid of everything. Dum #$@ Tanker in me doesn't worry.

Lost power yesterday morning at 0600 local. Cell service took a major nose dive. Just woke up soaked in sweat and cell service seems to be working better. Email from Center Point (the power company) says of the 2.265 million customers that lost power we hope to have one million back on line by Wednesday! That's nice! Projected high of 92° today and as the rain looked like Niagara Falls yesterday morning the humidity well, ship some of it to west Texas and it will only be missable. Anyway just some minor damage to the garage. Life and limb and family and cat all good.

Manage not to flood yesterday. Crazy strong winds. No damage except the loss of power. Noping for power by end of the week. Not much to share since the 3:54 post above.i have battery/charger to keep the phone and chrome book changed. But no Internet connection so no work from home. Wife is leaving for her daughter two hours from here for the power. I will stay here with the animals.

One of my part time contracts has power and I can work tonight. The other contract location is closed.

I have a light bulb I was given that has a built in charger. It works like a normal led light but switch's to battery when the powers out. Second time using it. Works great.

At least have time to work on the P38 kit.v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back