The Weather Where You Live? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The lot is only 40 feet across. Both back corners will with water from the high ground behind us. Photos are a couple of hours after the rain stopped. The builders made the grade so the water drains between the houses. We are only 6 feet apart. We actually get water in the back yard from all three sides and it ends up collecting at the corner of the house. It has been as high as 26 inches between the houses. It has been about a foot in the Yard. When the water reaches the top of the slab the AC is located, we will start taking on water.

Attachments

• IMG_20240708_112532.jpg
    IMG_20240708_112532.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240708_112457.jpg
    IMG_20240708_112457.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240708_112509.jpg
    IMG_20240708_112509.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
The lot is only 40 feet across. Both back corners will with water from the high ground behind us. Photos are a couple of hours after the rain stopped. The builders made the grade so the water drains between the houses. We are only 6 feet apart. We actually get water in the back yard from all three sides and it ends up collecting at the corner of the house. It has been as high as 26 inches between the houses. It has been about a foot in the Yard. When the water reaches the top of the slab the AC is located, we will start taking on water.
Similar weather here.

Day 3 of the zombie apocalypse. The state has to us to once again stay home and work. Hahaha. If you cannot work from home work at one in the offices. Katy, clear lake, Missouri city, Bay City and Huntsville. Every location is 90 minutes to two hours away. Any trip over 100 miles require a rent car because it is cheaper than the .67 a mile we get. Let's see, turn in the approval two weeks ago to Austin for approval, ✔️. I have to be at work at 8!00 and the rental car business open at 9 ✔️. I get to work in time for lunch ✔️ ✔️. Work 90 minutes and leave in time to return the car by 5 pm ✔️. O wait, my office is in Huntsville and 30 minutes away. My did my manager just text. The office is open. Never mind.

Power came on twice for no more than thirty seconds each time. Flirting with us that the a/c would soon be on. How did the early settlers come and stay with out bringing their a/c in there covered wagons? Why did Sam Houston and his rag tag army fight for a land without the guarantee of air conditioning? WHY? WHY I ASK? Oh I think I delusional in the ol noggon, sorry please disregard the previous statement. Just got done reading Gerald Johnson book and wonder how men fought for jungle islands in WWII?

Well anyway hopefully power today, I can't eat two freezer full of food in one setting.

Why in 1836 did the Allen brothers build a boat landing in the middle of a mosquito infested swamp that would become Houston? Not far from Harrisburg, the early capital of Texas. Houston would never had become the giant it is today if it was not for the great hurricane that wiped out Galveston in 1900. See it all ties into the weather. For those that are not from the great state, not only to public schools teach Texas history, new comers are not happy that Tx history is also required for degrees in state universities. The stars at night are big and bright.. except in the urban areas. Yes the lack of air conditioning takes it toll on even the natives..

Deep in the hart of Texas! But the lack of power helps kill the light pollution and we were able to at least see stars at night. Go a little wast of San Antonio and they are big and bright. Go to Marfa or Pecos and you'll think you can reach out and touch them!!!

DEEP IN THE HART OF TEXAS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back