The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is. I was going to reply with the other name it was known by - 'Slip-wing Hurricane'. The idea was to create lift and range, with the upper wing being 'slipped', or jettisoned, when ready for action. Didn't get very far ...

Can't believe I would have got one right!!! (the slip wing Hurricane)...too late to post though! (Rats! Foiled again!)

New one looks like the ass end of a cargo type, with early warning (or similar) radome.

ok here some hints. It's a two-seat ground attack/reconnaissance version with extended camera nose.

Here is one, if it is too small, tell me and I can try to enlarge.

Last edited:
holy sh!t, Terry...that's it...next time I am showing only half of a rivet and the photo will be half the area of a postage stamp!!

Yes, It's a Bulgarian MiG-17, weathering poorly at the Burgas Airport in Bulgaria

Well done, My friend!

Heck, it was a guess, having seen the gun camera port on the '17 before! And I'd forgotten you'd posted pics taken recently at Bourgas, even though I replied to your thread!
I'll post something later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread