The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The nautical nickname has thrown me a bit. I can only think of two possibilities at the moment. My first one is C46 Commando.

The nautical nickname has thrown me a bit. I can only think of two possibilities at the moment. My first one is C46 Commando.

You got it dude !.

C46 Curtiss Coimmando, knickname 'The Whale' !.

Taken at the CAF Airsho in 2008

Attachments

• what1.jpg
    what1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 99
Wow! More of an 'educated guess' really. I thought the chord was too narrow for the main wing, and went for the tailplane, then looked at the mass of the thing and plumped for the C46. I'd forgotten it was nicknamed 'Whale' !
Back in a bit with something.

Unusual with the 'flat plate' across the top of the engine. I dont think its a single engined jobbie because the bodywork would follow the exhaust profile, so that makes me think its a side by side installation. Now why would there be a flat across the top unless the engines where mounted just uderneath the wing instead of in pods.

Ok, yup...errrrrr....Comet ?, no, that has a curvy profile...Victor, nope hang on a minute, I reckon its an Olympus from Concorde

Last edited:
I thought the 'flat plate' might have made some guess at the F86 Sabre. But it is, in fact, the E.E. Lightning F1, so Glenn gets it.

Attachments

• Czech 013.jpg
    Czech 013.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Czech 006.jpg
    Czech 006.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back